Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Spy Camera!

IMG_0563
Look at this little guy (in the middle)! It's a Minolta -16 Spy Camera. My grandfather brought this camera back from Korea or Japan for my dad back in the 70's. It's the coolest 007 spy camera ever! I set it next to my iPhone for size comparison. You pop it open to shoot a photo and close it back up to wide it - clever.
IMG_0567
It takes 110 film, but they do not make it anymore!!!! I found some on ebay, but that makes me nervous. Who knows if the film is still good, you know?! I checked a few camera sites and one had the film, but the shipping costed more than the film!
IMG_0570
I really want to test it out! Any ideas on where I can find 110 film? Let me know pretty please!
Photo 774
*edit* I won and purchased some film off ebay! Fingers crossed it's okay film! Still if you know any good 110 film sellers let me know! thanks gang!
Pin It

6 comments:

chelseybell. said...

oh man, i have allllwwwaaaayyyyssss wanted to be a spy. if the risk of torture and death wasn't so big, i'd try to do it (though i don't really know how one actually becomes a real spy). maybe i'll just be a private eye and have the pink panther theme play everywhere i go :).

Amber said...

How fun! I have no idea about the film. Did you check the site where you got your holga??

carly. said...

oh that makes me mad that they don't make film anymore. it looks so neat and i'd love to see the photos it produces! if the film was cheap (& shipping wasn't ridiculously priced) you should try it out. why not right?

ps: your eyebrows are allllways perfect.

kristindickson said...

Hey Becky,

There is that camera shop on Kennedy. I think it's called the Golden Triangle or something like that. The building is bright yellow and red. Just a thought. Thanks again for the invitations. We missed you at the party.

Kristin

Becky Farley said...

I thankfully found film - now I hope it's not too old :)

Kristin - I was bummed we missed the party!! I'm sure lil terry had a blast!! She's super lucky to have you and Lindsay!! :)

Holly Knitlightly said...

Ahh! Awesome! I'm glad you found some film!