Thursday, October 14, 2010

Getting Ready for Halloween

What are you doing to get ready!? Carving pumpkins into Jacko'lanterns? Costumes?
halloween
So far here's what I've done: fall flowers for the table, DIY Halloween greeting cards, Halloween party invitations, and we carved a pumpkin! Making a jacko'lantern is so much fun! We made ours more sweet than scary and gave it some good brows! We also made some tasty pumpkin seeds with the pumpkin guts - waste not, want not! ;)
I also made a Halloween banner with the leftover greeting cards! I took 3 different colored pieces of the greeting cards, cut those puppies in half, stamped them each with a letter, hole punched them, and ran yarn through each one. Pretty quick to make, plus a little one could help!
IMG_1533

Don't forget about these treats:
1. Strumpet's Crumpets Fall Giveaway!
2. It's Fall Y'All Online Class Project List - Sign Up here!
Pin It

11 comments:

Becca said...

I'm so excited for Halloween too! Just about to start a spooky wreath and make a banner

AlwaysInspired said...

Love the banner, but I'd like to come to your house and steal that fab poster!

LivKit said...

Too cute! I love the mask! Follower! Button taker!

Molly Le Blanc said...

Beck the most creative person I know. Love your little mask too!

With Love, Jamie said...

Cute!!
Love that banner & your little deer :)

...on the brink of something beautiful said...

posted your guest post today!! love it thanks!!!
http://getthewordsout.blogspot.com/2010/10/halloween-guest-post-with-becky-from.html

-kellie

Laurie Anne said...

you are just so incredibly talented...is there anything you can't do?? :)

I love the mask on you!

Laurie Anne said...

you are just so incredibly talented...is there anything you can't do?? :)

I love the mask on you!

Becky Farley said...

:) shush! You're too sweet Laurie!

Tracy Rogers said...

I love your fall-festive blog photos!! Great Blog! I found you via A beautiful mess :)

e.day said...

sad i became a follower RIGHT after your giveaway! but your mantle is so cute. love bunting banners.

dailyeday.blogspot.com