Sunday, October 3, 2010

Halloween Invitations!

Here's a peek at my Halloween Party Invitations!
2010 Halloween Farley Family Function Invites
I start on Nov. 1st looking for new Halloween ideas! This year life took over and I started a bit late! But then it came to me - Black on Black! Fortunately, I work at a very awesome print company so I get to test my ideas! We asked the paper vendor for matte black paper, which he found!!! I designed the invitation in Gray Scale, so only the black would print, not cyan, magenta, or yellow. The toner is shiny and when you tilt the card you see the writing -TADA!! I found the green envelopes at Michael's, they're regular letter size. And I made Halloween return address stickers just for fun!
2010 Halloween Farley Family Function Invites
I really LOVE the way they turned out!
The FFF I used 2 years ago for our Carnival themed Halloween - Farley Family Freakshow - we were 1930 carnival freaks!  So now I love the FFF, it can be Farley Family Function (that what we call family get togethers). Last year we had Vamp-O-ween, we were all vampires! Here are those invites, they were lil coffins! We love Halloween :)
2010 Halloween Farley Family Function Invites
This saying is from an old 1930's or 40's Halloween postcard, I thought it was cute, since the party in the day before Halloween! So what do you think!? I think I want to print more black on black! I looks pretty darn cool!
What are your Halloween plans!? Let me know!! :)
Pin It

21 comments:

Sonya Zombiee said...

So cute!
I do love the colors and the cleverness. :)

VixenLily said...

these look great, nice effects :)

Alycia (The Curious Pug) said...

these are awseome!! i love that green too!

Campfire Chic said...

They're so cool! You did a great job.

O. said...

That's just awesome, I love the black on black. You are super snazzy!

katiebug92 said...

I love the black on black!!

Katie said...

Ooh, the black on black looks really snazzy! I love the old saying you've got on the invites too.

Michelle (michabella) said...

OMG this is so awesome!!! They turned out great!!!!

kym said...

Those invitations of yours are fantastic, they turned out really cool.

No plans here...we usually dress up scary and give out candy and scare the neighborhood kids. We are kind of dorky like that!

Lacey said...

Those invitations are some awesome! I wish my family had an annual Halloween party.

carly. said...

that looks so awesome becky...and definitely is perfect for halloween invites. i don't know what my plans are yet for halloween, i am hoping someone has a party on the saturday night *fingers crossed* if not, i guess we'll end up having one here (we just don't have a ton of room) anyway, i'm excited about my costume!! is your family doing a theme again??

sdillondesign said...

These are really fun! I love the black paper. Any chance to use colored paper is a good one ;)

Eli got a chuckle out of your buttons by the way. Thank you!!

erica1228 said...

Those are incredible! I love the green envelopes with them too--you're a genius.

We host an annual Halloween party too. This year the theme is Alice in Wonderland. Last year--Harry P. Year before that Edgar Allen Poe. And the first one was Tim Burton themed.

Halloween is oh so fun!

apparentlyjessy said...

Love the invites! I wish I worked in a print shop sometimes, would be so handy! I like the black on black, does make a very spooky effect. What will your dress up theme be this year?

Tonya said...

Not sure how I found your blog, but glad I did.

Love the invites, very cool idea.

Lolo SR said...

Farley Fright Fest

Sweet T. said...

I love this! The invitations look great. I really like the black on black with green envelopes.

Amber said...

The black on black looks great!
Have you decided what you are going to dress up as this year??

Holly Knitlightly said...

That is AWESOME! I'm not too big of a fan of Halloween (haha I know, I know...) but I think I would be SUPER excited if I was going to your Halloween party!

Becky Farley said...

Thank you allll so much!!! :)
I was so excited to make em!!!

Cat said...

WOW!!! I absolutely am in LOVE with these invitations! Halloween is my FAVORITE!!

xo
Cat