Tuesday, October 26, 2010

teeny peek at my weekend

Pinball Expo! Bet you're thinking, "what?" Pinball is lots of fun gang! Definitely a strange little culture of people! I was one of maybe 4 gals there! The rest of the people were younger fellows and middle aged men who were a bit stinky, most lacking wedding bands, but really good at pinball! These fellows lives revolve around pinball! It was nuts! ;)

I had fun though! Free Play all day; 24 hours! ha!! I now love Bride of Pinbot and Attack from Mars oh and FunHouse - I want a FunHouse please! If any one of you ladies have a pinball or know a pinballer tell me :) I feel a bit alone here! Oh I brought hand sanitizer with us because well I just had to ha!
first time playing attack from mars!
We ate at Superdawg! I love a good hotdog - it's kinda a secret of mine! Yes, I've read The Jungle, but I don't care - they haven't killed me yet! Plus I eat them only at backyard cookouts and the 4th of July, so I'll be ok - fingers crossed! Look what they had at Superdawg -cube cream!! It was gross, but it looked awesome!
cube cream?
I'm starting a 1 up mushroom blanket! I saw this and decided I needed one! It's gonna be awesome! I picked a 1 up mushroom - A. because it's better than just red mushroom BIG and B. because I had a bunch of green yarn ;)
1 up mushroom in the making!
I have a zillion more photos! I'll post more through the week! Seriously if you pinball tell me :)
I'm getting ready for the Farley Family Halloween Party!! :) I'm stoked! Getting the mummy costumes together! My brother, Danny comes home Thursday - very stoked about that! Lauren - please come home! Please!!! We need you to complete the party! I'll pay for all your gas and Starbucks needs! Please! Tell her everyone!!
How was your weekend!? Here are my Chicago photos!
Pin It

19 comments:

PaisleyJade said...

Love your pics - cute grannys!

chelseybell. said...

aww, this is so cute.

the one-up blanket sounds super cool.

i don't pinball (because i suck) but manmate does occasionally. nothing serious, he doesn't like being smelly :).

e.day said...

Oh my gosh my mom would die over this!!! She is the biggest pinball obsessor I know! I can't wait to see the one up blanket!

Carol Anne said...

I can't wait to see your blanket! I've been working on the Mario granny square blanket for my husband for Christmas. :)

Becky Farley said...

e.day! Really :)
That's awesome!! What does she have?!

Carol Anne - I can't wait to see it! Does Seth know about it!?

Elsie Flannigan said...

OMG! i loooove the nun fabric!

Alyssa said...

oh how i miss the days of playing pinball!! i havent seen a pinball machine in years!!
My first computer had a pinball game on it - forget the internet, i was hooked to that... and i freaking rocked at it!
Right, going to search itunes for a pinball app!

Alyssa said...

i know you are waiting with baited breath to hear if i found an app. I did. plus a period reminder app. so now i can play pinball and never forget aunt flo again!

Hearthandmade said...

this looks like such fun!

Becky Farley said...

Elsie, That nun fabric is from mypapercrane.com! You can buy the fabric or the pouch already made! :) I love it too!

Alyssa! I love that you found an app!!

joan said...

hi i love pinball also but alas don't get to play I wanted to buy one for our dining room but got a Juke box instead so jealous of your
weekend wish i was there

alovelylittleworld said...

You're kinda awesome haha.
I didnt even know they had pinball days.

Jenn said...

My father in law collects pinball machines in his basement.

heather dawn said...

I was totally addicted to the pinball game on the PC as a kid!! I love playing them sill!! All the noises!

I saw all your amazing lovely comments, Becks. I'm so glad you loved your winnings! If you wear any of it/ display... send me pics!!! :)

And with you being so awesome, I was able to do something else awesome for you!! I gaves you a blog award. :P it's on the blog! You rock becky. it's that simple.

Courtney said...

Becky! You are the blanket queen! You are going to finish your Mario 1-Up before I even get halfway finished with mine! Damn my disdain for granny squares! Yours are so beautiful though. Honestly.

danielle and dinosaur toes said...

my grandpa used to own this little neighborhood store, and he had a few pinball machines. i liked trying to play, but it was amazing the guys that would come ther and spend a ridiculous amount of money playing all day! and i don't think any of them had girlfriends.

bebe bird beck said...

A pinball convention?!
AMAZING.
That is so something you don't get to do everyday.
I laughed at the hand sanitizer. I would have brought some too.

You're so flippin cute.

ckscribbles said...

I want to make a one up mushroom blanket! I can't wait to see yours after it is all finished!

xo
Chrisitne

Holly Knitlightly said...

Hahaha this post is AWESOME! First of all, a pinball expo? I didn't even know something like that existed! Awesome. And that blanket you are making is soooooooooo cool!!!