Friday, October 29, 2010

Witch's Broom Candy Bag DIY

I love Martha, but sometime I don't! Ha!! But I did love these broom candy bags! Pretty cute and clever huh!? Well they were on sale in the Halloween section at Michael's, so I grabbed em! I only buy Martha crafts on sale, because they are expensive!
IMG_2205
I decided to make a quick DIY broom candy bag just incase you don't have time or monies to get Martha's kit! Plus you probably have everything at home to make these!
IMG_2216
What you'll need:
 1. brown paper bag
2. twig
3. yarn
4. scissors
....oh and don't forget the candies and treats!
You need 2 paper bags to make 1 broom. Cut strips into the first bag all the way to the very bottom. Cut strips in the second bag only half way down the bag *this is important so you can still fill up the broom*! Now place the half cut bag inside the fully cut bag, fill the bag up with treats, then put your twig in the bag and tie the yarn around the bags and the twig! Tada! Now the lunch size bags are sorta big, so you can give cute broom bags to your neighbors or family members and get smaller ones for kids or goodie bags!
Use them at parties to hold your candy! Remember if you make them, post them here!
Pin It

8 comments:

Steph said...

Great job on the DIY alternative!

Kym said...

I like your version...and I have a love/hate relationship with Martha as well. :-)

danielle said...

how have i not seen your blog before? it's fabulous!

amber said...

this is such a great idea!! and they turn out so cute!

**christina** said...

Such a great idea! I'm definitely going to use this next year :)

Molly Le Blanc said...

Wow beck those are amazing - great job!!

Illustrated Ink said...

Lol, I agree - sometimes I love Martha and sometimes I don't! ;) Her craft kits are crazy expensive, but you scored in the sale section. Your DIY bags look just as good, if not better!

Holly Knitlightly said...

Dude these are AWESOME!!