Monday, November 15, 2010

Bok Tower Adventure

boktower2
Bok Tower Gardens may be the most beautiful place I've ever seen! Not to sound braggy, but I've seen gardens in Morocco, mountains in Colorado, churches in Paris, Belgian Castles, but this place was almost magical and very odd. Bok Tower is in the middle of Polk County, which is a very rural area in central Florida. You drive a half a mile from the main road to reach the front gate, then you walk through these amazing gardens (you could walk for miles)! The day we went the weather was so perfect, especially for Florida (I couldn't imagine going in the summer - the heat would kill you). There's orange trees and giant grapefruits and flowers in ever direction, I felt like I was in Alice in Wonderland or the Secret Garden and the Tower looked like it was from Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings! I was waiting for the dandelions to start singing to me! You could fed these GIANT koi fish - they were the biggest I've ever seen! There were swans you could feed, but I didn't because birds are a bit unpredictable in my experience! 
The tower was so out of place and so beautiful all at the same time! It played the prettiest music -  I could have stayed all day! Oh and the flowers - their  fragrance was so so strong, it was unreal! Brian and I walked throw the gardens holding hands, smiling, and joking while Eli ran up and down the paths - he was just so excited - like I said not to sound cheesy, but it was so magical! I tried to name all the flowers I could, thanks to my grandmother I knew a bunch! Here are some of the photos I took! If you are ever near Lake Wales, which is near Orlando in the middle of Florida you need to go to Bok Tower Gardens! It's very special!
Pin It

4 comments:

misslarissabree said...

It looks so beautiful!!

amylou said...

these photos are stunning! I would love to go someday!

Tishous said...

Gorgeous photos!
I'm hoping to make it over there this spring...it's at the top of my FL must-see list! Glad to know it will be worth the drive :)

Allison Drew said...

Oh wow. I really REALLY need to go there. Beautiful pictures!