Monday, November 8, 2010

Last year at this time....

....was the first time I had ever heard of or gone to a Hobby Lobby. And this time last year was when I started my first afghan, which I gave to my brother last Christmas!
A Hobby Lobby opened up kinda near my house and I was so stoked, but once I got there - whoooooo! So many people! I think I stood in line 3/4 of the time I was there, the other 1/4 I just looked at all the "I love this yarn" yarn. So wonderful and so soft! The new Hobby Lobby is in New Port Richey - I never go that way so I'll probably only go if I need NEED yarn (or Olivia if you ever want to venture out there with me-I'll be brave), other wise it's online Hobby Lobby shopping for me! It's safer anyways- no scooters running into me or rednecks yelling at their kids. Plus sometimes they have free shipping, so there you go! 
Hobby Lobby
Do you have a Hobby Lobby near you? Is yours awesome? Or are more of an online shopper kinda gal?
Pin It

16 comments:

harmonybatham said...

I have one about 15 min form my house-and its pretty awesome:) I especially love when they have their sales!

Erin said...

I live within a mile from Hobby Lobby and I go there five times a week. No lie. :) My favorite place in the world.

Becky said...

I like HL but I spend more money in Michael's and Hancock's Fabrics...but HL does have *great* bargains in their sales.

Dlsarmywife said...

I am spoiled when it comes to craft stores...I have a Hobby Lobby, Michael's, JoAnn's, and a Hancock Fabrics all with 20 minutes. I shop at all of them several times a month. =D

misslarissabree said...

your the cutest!
And I love that yarn I don't think we have it in Canada! Wish we did

Velma said...

i have several near me and I haven't figured out which one has the better I love this yarn selection! I need to really take it an inventory when I go!

Jodie said...

I don't have one, naturally, being on the other side of the world.
But we have spotlight, which from what Ive heard and seen of hobby lobby, is kinda the same thing.

and yeah pretty much i can go into spotlight for 1 thing, and come home with bags of crafty bits and fabric :)

Vintage Love and Photographs said...

I have three Hobby lobbys in my town, they are pretty awesome. I love the huge scrapbooking section that they have!

kittycat said...

aw i really want to learn how to knit/crochet. how did you learn?

Windsor Grace said...

I can't believe you only started a year ago! You are a crochet ninja! There is no Hobby Lobby near me. I love that place, it's insane!

O. said...

I heard they are going to have one in pinellas county, they just aren't sure where. Hopefully it is closer to us :)

Hearthandmade said...

I think there is a hobby craft version in the UK but non near me. I just have to look online!! Im more reserved shoppping online though... if i go to a craft store i just lift things until i cant see over the pile and spend a fortune :p

Dana said...

Since I live in OK where HL headquarters are, we have tons of them. I probably go there once a week for craft supplies. And the I love this yarn is the best acrylic out there!

Illustrated Ink said...

I have a love affair going with Hobby Lobby...sometimes we fight and it disappoints me, but for the most part HL makes me smile! ;) We see eachother often!

Stephanie said...

Believe it or not, I actually work at Hobby Lobby!

I'm in there a lot when I'm not working too..I'm an art student who needs her supplies!

Holly Knitlightly said...

I love yarnnnnnnnnn! Haha. I don't think we have that type of yarn in Canada! Next time I'm in the States I'll have to check it out. :)

PS that photo of you is caaaaaaaaaaaayuuuuuuuute! (Um, that is supposed to say cute, haha!)