Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Magnetic Chalkboard DIY

Magnetic Chalkboard DIY

Over the weekend I made this magnetic chalkboard for the little one's bedroom! We cleaned up and fixed up his room! He even has his very own toy shelf now! I really like how it turned out! He wanted an entire wall in chalkboard paint (me too honestly) but the grownup in charge said no! ha! Maybe one day! 

diy

So here's how I made it:
1. I found the Magnetic Board at Ikea for 5 or 6 bucks, 
but you could use any light weight metal square/rectangle.
2. oh these aren't completely necessary - vinyl stickers - Plants VS Zombies is awesome and we couldn't put them on the iPad so they got used here!
3. Chalkboard spray paint (found at Home Depot or Lowe's)
I turned old legos and alphabet blocks into magnets (I love my hot glue gun)!
Let me know if you make one! I'd love to see it!! 

Pin It

9 comments:

misslarissabree said...

oh im glad you posted this! I am going to make one!

Carrie said...

nice :)

Carrie

Amber said...

So talented!
I want to see pics of Eli's room. I am sure he loves this!

I need to get motivated to work on things other than crocheting. Ha!

O. said...

Cute, I love the little bunting.

erica1228 said...

so great! I want to make one too.

Ashley said...

i love plants vs zombies!!!

sheila said...

What a great idea! My nephews would love this.
:) Sheila

oona. said...

Here from FN--what a clever project!! I'm totally inspired now.

Amanda said...

Very cool, thanks for posting this!