Monday, November 22, 2010

Recycled Pinata

toocute
Check out our new friend, Mr. Pinata! He has no name yet, but the little one will come up with something soon! I saw this recycled pinata idea over at Katie's very cute blog Skunkboy Creations and just loved it so much! The pinata we mounted on the wall is from my sister's birthday a month back! It'd be weird/creepy if we would have mounted the Halloween pinata ha! 
IMG_7155
I had a piece of wood from Michael's, painted it, put a gator hook on the back, and couldn't find a staple gun that worked so I just took the screw driver and tiny screws to put the pinata head in the wood. 
I'm not one for hunting, I mean I get it - controlling over population, blahblah, but I can't imagine killing an animal for sport. But smacking a pinata til the goodies come out and then saving the head and hanging up is a-okay! 
Pinata Mount
Turned out pretty darn cute!
 Thank you Katie for the awesome idea!!
Pinata Donkey Hunting
Who's birthday is next? Uncle John's!! He for sure needs a pinata!!
Pin It

15 comments:

Carrie said...

cute!!!

Carrie

misslarissabree said...

Becky that is seriously so cute!!

PaisleyJade said...

What an awesome idea - love it!!!

miss teacups. said...

so fun & cute.

mikey wants a real deer head...it even has it's little paws turned up (so that it can hold a gun) ugh. we saw it at an antique store and it's about $150. he wants it so bad. i don't know how i feel about it.

this idea is much prettier:)

Illustrated Ink said...

Fabulous!!

apparentlyjessy said...

Haha, what an awesome idea from Katie, must go check out her blog.

I love your pinata mount... my sister is about to turn 18 and is having a Mexican themed bday party...the only thing is her pinata is in the shape of a giant CHILLI, can you imagine a chilli mount?! Even more funny...we are both allergic to chilli! haha

sdillondesign said...

This is so awesome! Seriously I love the way it turned out. A co-worker was looking over my shoulder and freaked out, "who thinks of this stuff?!?!" Good Stuff!

Velma said...

so cute!!!!!!

flappergirlcreations said...

That is super adorable :)

heather dawn said...

this is stinkin adorable!! i love every bit of it!

Becky Farley said...

:) thanks gals!!! I really love it too! We could have a wall of beheaded pinatas and I'd be stoked about it!

Katie said...

This is such a brilliant idea! And a wall of beheaded pinatas would look amazing! I really have to try this out. Thanks for sharing.

Amber said...

I love this so much!
I wish we lived closer! Can you imagine the mess we would make crafting every weekend. Ha!
My craft room is back to its scary state again:)

Allison Drew said...

Ha, I love this so much. I saw Katies, but this one really struck me. Good color choices.

Emily said...

We totally did this for my male co-worker who teaches kindergarten!! We have a big Cinco de Mayo pinata bashing every year and his kids took the head right off their donkey. We're both vegetarians and I thought it would be hilarious to save the head and mount it as an end of year present from his class! That is wild- I've never seen anyone else do this. :) Kudos to you guys for being so clever!! -e