Friday, November 5, 2010

Treasures

Have you ever wondered why I never talk about thrifting or yard sales? One because you have to wake up too early for a yard sale and Two because if I went to those places I'd be broke! :) You know I LOVE Pickers, well last night I was one!
IMG_2819
Yesterday was awesome because we went to pick up a super awesome circus pinball game from this fellow's (huge) house. He is moving back to the UK and needs to down size, so he was getting ready for an estate sell. He is a grownup kid (I loved him ps) and he had the most amazing things in his home! I think he took a liking to us because he was MORE than generous with his prices! Look at that 1940 clock radio! $10! 
IMG_2816
These BEAUTIFUL nesting dolls from Harrods! Plus two other sets here and here. We also purchase two globes! A box of books, which our new friend just gave us! Oh and a microscope and a drum set for the kiddo!
IMG_2797
And now my MOST favorite - this table and chairs! Look at the triangular chairs! I fell in love with them right away! Perfect for little ones to craft, eat, or do homework! I'd probably never find one like it again so I had to get it! Don't you just love it!? Oh I just think it's the best! There were a zillion other things I would have love to buy, but I didn't need it - they can be someone else treasures! If you're in town and interested - go here!
IMG_2834
 So there you go - my thrifting for the year! :)
What treasures have you found lately!?
Hey for those of you who are local, there's a Art Harvest down in Dunedin this weekend! Dunedin is a super cute town with a very awesome Quilt Shop - Rainbow's End and great food! If you're going maybe I'll see you there!
Pin It

15 comments:

Katie said...

Ooh, that globe is amazing! I REALLY want to get a proper one like that (ideally I'd like to collect them but I'd never have enough room!). You've got some really awesome things from this guy! And those nesting dolls are from Harrods? Everything from that place costs an arm and a leg so you're lucky to get them for a generous price. It looks like you hit the jackpot!

misslarissabree said...

Your finds are all just the bees knees! I love them heaps!

I am actually going to the flea market this weekend and hunting for some wonderful finds!

carly. said...

those chairs are so cute!! good finds :) i love old radios

e.day said...

that old radio makes me cry with jealousy, i want it so bad. $10?? lucky lady!

what a bunch of great finds!!

elycia said...

ohhhh, great finds :) i love those nesting dolls. i am on a major hunt for some!

amylou said...

I LOVE that table!! Triangular chairs? AMAZING!

Rikki Cupcake said...

that table is darling! great find little lady

alovelylittleworld said...

Yay! Great finds! Have a happy weekend :)

GraphXGrrl said...

I love the table and chairs. Those are pretty sweeeeeet!

Drea said...

The table and chairs are simply genius!

triskelos said...

Your matrioshkas (nesting dolls) are so cute)) I remember having 3 of them when I was a kid.

bebe bird beck said...

Amazing!

Those chairs are so so neat. what a good find!

O. said...

Do you have the rainbows ends frequent shopper card? I do and you get 20% off every fabric purchase.

Jennifer said...

UGH BECKY! i was out of town this weekend and now I'm so bummed! you look like you hit the jackpot, I love that table & chairs :)

Sarah @ Oh My Deer! :) said...

BECKY THAT TABLE AND CHAIR SET IS AMAZING!!! IM SO JEALOUS!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!