Monday, December 6, 2010

Crocheted Star Garland

I actually started these stars last Christmas, but this weekend (a year later) I finished them! 
Crocheted Star Garland
I thought I'd remember how just by looking at one I had finished, but no I needed this tutorial I used last year! Once I looked it over I remembered right away! I made the stars then just made the chain while connecting the stars to it! 
Crocheted Star Garland
I just love the stars!! Can you make a crocheted star blanket I wonder?!! If you have or have seen a tutorial tell me! I'd love to take a look at it!! 
Crocheted Star Garland
Tonight we are putting up our Christmas tree! Technically it's been up in the living room all weekend, but it's bare! Smells so good! Is your tree up yet? I know some families wait til Christmas Eve to put their  tree up! So we'll have the Elvis Christmas tunes on and homemade s'mores and pizza! I can't wait!

oh ps locals: awesome pinball party and the Atomic holiday bazaar are coming up!
Pin It

19 comments:

San said...

SUPERCUTE!

A Thrifty Mrs said...

Oh, these are lovely!

Amber said...

Adorable!!
This turned out great. I haven't tried making stars...yet:)

Can't wait to see pics of you decorating the tree. Have fun. Smore's...YUM!!

Tee* said...

Do you belong to Ravelry? They have some star afghan patterns for free through the website. Here's a link to one: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/beths-little-star-afghan
and here's a link to another:
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/starry-starry-night

I absolutely adore your star garland.

Sylvia-Louise Handbags said...

I don't know about stars, but they are probably similar to the flowers I crocheted into an afghan. You crochet them individually and then have to stitch them all together. It takes FOREVER! And I don't think I'd do it again.

Laura said...

OOo I love the stars! I'm going to start making some :)

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

those are so cute- I love the colors-

PaisleyJade said...

I love it! So want to make one too - probably take me a year as well. I am sure I've seen a star crochet blanket somewhere... there's this one but not probably what you meant: http://craftsmumship.com/2010/11/star-crochet-blanket/

Becky Farley said...

Thanks ladies!!!! :)
Paisley! No that's awesome!! So pretty!! It look like a toughie! lol

Sonya Zombiee said...

I will most definitely be working on one of these when I get home next week. My house really needs more Christmas decorations.

heather dawn said...

mmm pretty! i love the star garland! i need to go whip some up! i'm still making snowflakes!! lol.

amylou said...

those are lovely!
I would really love to learn to crochet.

Oh, and If you are interested I have a handmade giveaway going on over at my blog right now!
Please check it out!
amylouwhogirl.blogspot.com

sdillondesign said...

They look fantastic! I started stars last year too. I think I got to 3 before I was distracted. This inspires me to make a garland!

Velma said...

Stars are my FAVORITE! I will HAVE to make this!!!!!!! I love how yours turned out!

Michelle said...

Super cute! I love this idea. I bet they would look great on the Christmas tree.

Alycia (The Curious Pug) said...

omg those are so sweet! i am dying to learn how to crochet! this is totally inspiring :) (and making me jealous that I can't do it! hehe)

elycia said...

i love love stars. this is adorable. i need to free up some time for just for fun crafting. you have me inspired!

Carol Anne said...

I love this! So pretty!

nicole said...

I'm just learning to crochet. I would love to try this next!