Friday, December 3, 2010

engagement ring photos

As you may know I love taking photos!
I thought I'd photograph my beautiful engagement from my beautiful fellow! 
(a few of you have asked to see better photos of it, not just iPhone photos)
spool
He surprised me on Thanksgiving day during a Scrabble game! It was incredible!
The ring was absolutely perfect! He picked it out all by himself - he knows me so well! I rarely wear jewelry, and NEVER wear rings, so wearing this will take some getting use to! 
But I think I can handle it! ;)  The ring is antique inspired, not actually antique. Would you wear an antique ring? Would you need to know who owned it before you - I would, like a whole bio on the person! I may believe in jinxes! ;)
ringspool
I used my Canon 7D with a 18mm to 250mm lens. I used natural light then edited them in Photoshop.
ring
I told Brian yesterday that when I'm 105 I'll still look at this ring and giggle at how wonderful it is, ditto to him and his wonderfulness! ;) 

For those of you who are in the Strumpet's Ornament Swap remember to get them in the mail today (unless you've made plans with your swap bud). I hope your Friday is great!! 

Here's today's Elf move ps!

Pin It

15 comments:

O. said...

The ring is just perfect, you're going to make a beautiful bride. I am so happy for you.

I BLEED PINK said...

He deserves a big High Five for getting something so lovely and unique.

misslarissabree said...

its so beautiful!!!

miss teacups. said...

it is so beautiful. i didn't realize that the main diamond stuck out...so pretty. definitely would take some getting use to. especially if you never wear jewellery :)

i would definitely wear an antique ring. i don't believe that if the person who owned it before's marriage didn't last, mine wouldn't either. totally different people, different situations right? i can see how you might think it would jinx yn!ou though. i would prefer if it was my grandmothers or something...especially because my gramma and grandpa were married for so long. i believe i will take her ring when mikey pops the question!

Carrie Rosalind said...

Oh, it is so beautiful!! He's a keeper! :) Congratulations!

Michelle (michabella) said...

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL and so unique! <333

heather dawn said...

gosh! it is BEAUTIFUL I adore it! My ring is antique inspired too! ;) I would wear an antique ring and I also most was giving my Grandmother's first wedding right. (But my mom changed her mind...*sigh*) I think I would want to know the persons history! You make a very good point too!! That might be creepy, wearing someone's old ring..

chelseybell. said...

your ring is seriously stunning. the only kind of ring i could probably bring myself to wear is an antique style one--i just think they're so much more classy than just a big ol' diamond sticking out of nowhere.

but if i got one of those i wouldn't complain either. lol.

amylou said...

your ring is so so so beautiful!
my ring has an antiqued band as well.
Congrats on your engagement!

p.s. If you are interested I have a giveaway going on at my blog right now.
amylouwhogirl.blogspot.com

Thanks,
Amylou <3

SalemMomma said...

That ring is so beautiful! Congratulations!

bebe bird beck said...

BEAUTIFUL ring!

Lindsay C said...

This is such a great photo idea! That ring is so perfect! Seriously its beautiful and different from all others!

Hearthandmade said...

jeepers! knuckle duster!! Its gorgeous :)

elycia said...

your ring is beautiful! an antique ring would be cool, i would definitely be curious about who it belonged to. not for jinxes, hehe, just for nosiness.
ivan wanted me to help pick my ring. i did but i think he could have picked a great one on his own. he has very good taste, haha. i am super happy with mine though so i'm not complaining, haha.

Holly Knitlightly said...

It's GORGEOUS!