Thursday, December 16, 2010

making paper snow flakes

paper snow flakes
At work Daniel (head of the party planning committee- bahahaha) gave me the task of making snowflakes for our office party! I started making 4 point snowflakes and Dave (pooper of parties -jk) told me, my flakes were lame and he taught me how to make 6 pointed flakes. He grew up in New England so he knows his snowflakes, this Florida gal has only seen snow a dozen times. So I thought I'd share what I learned with you! You'll need a square sheet of paper, fold your right top point to you lower left point, then fold in half again. Take your triangle and create a Z with 2 folds. Cut the top part off at an angle, then create your flake!
making flakes
Much prettier than a 4 pointed snow flake! Thank you Dave for your flake making skills! 
We even taught the lil one! Do you have any snowflake pointers? 
Oh and remember I will be choosing a winner for the Strumpet's Crocheted Star Garland tomorrow! So go sign up to win!
Pin It

9 comments:

ellecupcake said...

I made some the other day! It made my house feel much more festive. :)

sdillondesign said...

Eli made me one similar to this. They are a little more complicated but so pretty!
http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/beautiful_paper_snowflake

Becky Farley said...

Steph-those are so cool!! Maybe I'll try one! lol Eli is super sweet for making you those!

George said...

Bah! I used to love making these when I was a wee tot! Childhood Memories! May have to make some of these today, for old time sake! Thanks!!!

George
Raised By Wolves

erica1228 said...

wowza! your flakes look so great. nice job.

Hearthandmade said...

i cant make mine look that amazing!

Miranda said...

I love it. Can't wait to get home and try it out. I've only known how to do the 4 pointed ones.

PaperCameraScissor said...

awesome snowflakes!!
btw I still need to upload my little gizmo boxes. Thanks so much for thinking of me. :)

Lauren said...

I love making these! I learned how to make this kind in college (haha), except that we didn't make the Z, but folded those both in, instead of one in and one out.. if that makes sense.