Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My Craft Room....Cleaned!

"It's suppose to be a craft room, not a storage room." I definitely let this room get too messy at times, like you can't walk in the room kinda mess!! This last Saturday, it took me ALL day, but I did it! I cleaned and throw away junk! I took what seemed like forever!! 
clean!!
There's a few more things that need cleaning, but for the most part it all organized! I'm pretty stoked and I plan on keeping it clean! ;) 
book shelf
The toys and the books are fighting over the book shelf as you can see! Do any of you collect vinyl toys? How do you display them? 
toys
Look at the little baby kewpies (sonny angel babies). They are so funny and cute!
yikes
Here's an example of the not perfectly cleaned area of the room! Fabric is a pain in the rear to fold up perfect! My other problem is I don't like crafting all alone in the room ha!! Terrible I know! I like having my sewing machine in the living room on the dining room table, so I can be with the gang! Do you have this problem? I know if sounds silly, but it's true! Now that it's clean hopefully I'll want to craft in the room and not have it all pour out into the living room, bed room, kitchen, etc. haha! We'll see! 

Some reminders - Don't forget the ongoing Strumpet's Craft Supply Swap
Also how are your Ornaments coming along!! Take a look here at our flickr group! Remember you should ship them out Dec. 3rd so your partner can hang them up!! Eek can't wait to see them all!! 
Happy December everyone! :)
Pin It

28 comments:

Laurie Anne said...

The room is looking great Becky! And yes I definately understand the not wanting to craft all alone in the room. I have my own craft room but want to be downstairs where the action is. Having a radio or tv in the craft room helps but I still prefer to be surrounded with life. :)

misslarissabree said...

what a lovely craft room!!

I need to get some sort of organization for my craft stuff.. right now it sits in a bag in my closet.

Alice said...

your room is so cute - i love all your little plushies ♥

Sonia said...

those kewpies are drrooool-worthy.

Alyssa said...

Dear Becky,

One day i plan on coming and playing in your craft room. It looks magical with many things to do!!!

Love me x

Katie said...

Your craft room looks great! I am shocked and impressed by the number of embroidery hoops you have - do you use them all??

I also have an angle baby and people are so weirded out by him! I think he's adorable, but I guess the no-pants look is a bit disarming.

Sarah said...

Wow, what an amazing looking craft room! I wish I was more crafty -- I'm definitely not. :)

Laura Elizabeth said...

WOW!!! I wish I had a craft room like that!!

amy lapi said...

ummm hello pretty!!!!!! i'm inspired :)

Alycia (The Curious Pug) said...

wow that is one awesome craft room! i hope to have one myself one day :)

Amber said...

The room looks fab! I am right there with you. I never craft in my room. I even put up a computer desk so I could do my blogging in there...but it is all in the living room. I blog and craft in there. What can I say? I need to be by the Poot:)

leyla said...

Your craft room is so cute! Cleaning mine is on the to-do list for this weekend. Ugh...so much work! Oh, and I totally know where you're coming from about not wanting to craft alone...my living room floor becomes a mini craft room. my husband doesnt really appreciate it, lol.

found you on FN. yay for new blogs!

Hearthandmade said...

I have the worst craft room at the minute.. its full of boxes.. and it needs painted.. the thought is giving me palpitations.. il just get christmas over with!

erinkathleen said...

wow! this is inspiring me to clean my own craft room which is in a crazy state of unpacking madness right now (after 2 moves this summer - yuck!)

I found you via FN - looking forward to reading more!

{eleise} said...

wow! i could really have some fun with all that fabric! =)

amber stackle said...

so cute! but more importantly, congrats on the engagement!!! That's so exciting and I the scrabble pics are adorable! :D

chelseybell. said...

I spy a doily clock! i love those things!

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

I love your craft room- I love seeing other peoples creative space- That is one of the main reason's I started a series on my blog called Around The World- If you are interested in taking a look there are several awesome creative spaces under that label!

Really great to meet you!

RobbieLee at Chickiedee said...

oh my! i love your craft room! it looks similar to mine :)

Julie Ross said...

More power to ya! I can never get my room clean. HEck half of my supplies are still in the back of my car from a retreat 4 weeks ago! Much love to Freckled Nest who sent me your way. Love your blog. Will be back often.

yours truly dear said...

everything looks amazing! my craft room is our spare bedroom, so it is definitely an all-purpose room...yikes. about needing company while crafting, i always bring my projects out to the living room to watch tv with my husband--so I feel you on that one. but i'm too lazy to carry out my sewing machine haha

gina marie said...

It feels so good to get things clean and organized. I wish I could say the same right now for my house :/

Happy December!

<3ginamarie

S and R said...

Becky, I am sooo jealous of your crafty little nest! You're a lot tidier than I am!
Tone xo

lindsay harmony said...

wow I love your toy collection! So cute!

She lived with intention. said...

fun craft room!
i'm jealous of all your fabric! x)

Mish said...

Before we moved my husband and I displayed our vinyl toy collection on shelves we made. Now they are sadly waiting for a new home :/ They were on a bookshelf but the kiddos kept stealing them and dusting was a pain. So if you find a better solution please share :)

mal said...

I dream about having a room like this someday... *sigh*

alovelylittleworld said...

I am sooooo jealous! That is the coolest craft room. And those kewpie dolls, I didn't know they had any THAT cute! Urgh! haha. just kidding. love to you xo