Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Two Turtle Doves

Today I'm going to spread a little peace! Here is a quick DIY turtle dove wreath! 
Turtle doves represent peace, hence why we use them to decorate at the holidays!
photo 1
You'll need green and white paper, embroidery hoop, glue, ribbon, and scissors.
photo 2
Cut out your leaves and doves. Glue your leave right on to the hoop!
photo 3
You can print this photo and trace my dove if you'd like! Don't forget the wings!
photo 4
Now I attached the wing to the body with those tiny red tacks, which allow the wings to move! I used a hole punch to create eyes on the doves! 
photo 5
There you go two turtle doves! 
Happy holidays kiddos! I wish you so much happiness and a wonderful Christmas day with your families and friends! 
Pin It

4 comments:

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

very cute! Hope you had a great holiday!

Moe said...

So cute, great way to use an embroidery hoop. I have a few left over from an art project a few semesters ago.

Hope your holidays were bright!

Bekka said...

This is so cute!

Alicia (The Red Deer) said...

Very cute!