Saturday, December 4, 2010

Weekend Arcade Auction

We took a small trip to Orlando for an arcade auction - it was quite the adventure! We collect and play pinball machines, see our pins here! Oh and if you're local to us and have a nerdy, gamer fellow or gal come by our Holiday Party, the arcade and pinball edition! Seriously come by! Kids are totally welcomed! 
I've never been to an auction - of any type! Crazy fast talking auctioneer!! It was pretty cool and VERY boring when they were taking bids for things we didn't care about! Ha! I had alot of fun watching Brian bid, talking to the older fellows, and just people watching! I think it's funny when people say, "you're not an old lady, how'd a young gal like you learn to crochet?" My reply is youtube, some of the older fellows didn't understand that answer! Are we oddities? A subculture? Ha! Never really thought of it, but maybe a little! I'm okay with it! ;)
I crocheted for 90% of the time! We were there from 8am to 5pm (with no food ps).
Oh and I sent winks of encouragement and love to Brian from across the room! :) 
There were two things I saw that I REALLY wanted (but didn't think I'd get at all), a crane game and an old popcorn maker! Why you ask? Besides the fact that I love all things circus/carnival, I 100% want a carnival wedding! Don't knock it til you see this post! And those two items would come in handy!
Well Brian bid on the popcorn maker and got it for a VERY low price, which was awesome! Then the crane machine was one of the last items and Brian was helping a guy pack his truck and handed me the bid sheet and told me to go for it! I was SO nervous!! All these fellows seemed to have done this a zillion times! So I get up in the middle of it all (right up in the front, because I didn't want to be missed) and I wait like I watched everyone do til they got to $25. Then I bid $50.00, then someone bid $75.00, but he realized he was bidding on the wrong item. So I got the crane machine for $50.00!! I was so stoked!! I felt so accomplished  - it's no wonder people go crazy with auctions! So there you have it, my arcade auction experience! I have several ideas for the crane machine, one which includes filling it with balls of yarn (using it like an awesome storage area)!!! Any other ideas? Tell me in the comments! 
We only purchased one other item, which is a Christmas gift and a surprise for the lil bit!
I'm so glad to be home though, it was a long day, but a very awesome adventure! 
How was your Saturday!? 
Pin It

11 comments:

Alyssa said...

CARNIVAL THEME!!!!!!! EXCITED!

that is so awesome you got them so cheap!!!

aubrey said...

What awesome scores! I have never been to an auction, but know I would be totally nervous to bid! Someday, when we have more room, I would love to get some vintage arcade games for my husband. And you totally have to share planning details of a carnival themed wedding--so fun!

O. said...

A carnival theme sounds like such a fun wedding. I didnt realize you guys were there for so long and with no food, insane?! Great score on the crane game. I would have bought it too, Conrad LOVES that game. I wish I could go to your party but we have plans already :( for that day, booooooo - next time

heather dawn said...

the crane is amazing! i think it would be awesome to put yarn in! OR the kiddos toys! haha think about having to fish out what you want to play with!

about the crochet bit, i think it is like some sort of sub-culture! i get the same things said to me when I'm out crocheting!! i don't know maybe its just uncommon... i think its cool as crap. if i saw you somewhere crocheting I would come talk to you about it then bust out my project and join you! lol

justine. said...

Oh my gosh, I SO want a carnival themed wedding one day! or a harry potter one :) your new toys are so awesome! if i was local, I would totally go to that holiday partyyy!

danielle and dinosaur toes said...

oh my gosh, if i had my own crane game, i'm pretty sure i'd never leave the house again! i LOVE those things!

Cassie said...

Just found your blog and Im am so excited to follow!

I second you on LOVING carnival theme. I am going to have to check out your weeding link right now!

Cassie said...

Just found your blog and Im am so excited to follow!

I second you on LOVING carnival theme. I am going to have to check out your weeding link right now!

miss teacups. said...

amazing. i've always wanted an old school popcorn maker too...even a tiny one for the counter top...but a big one would be amazing!! both of those items will be great for the wedding...eeee :)

Windsor Grace said...

It's awesome you got those things, you probably have the coolest house ever now. I wish I lived close enough to come to the party, it sounds like a blast :)

Shelley said...

I have never been to an auction and this seems like the best one to go too! Its like you were on an episode of American Pickers. So great. Congrats again on the proposal. I can't wait to hear about your ideas for the wedding :)