Thursday, January 20, 2011

Going Out West!

Last week we headed out to Breckenridge Colorado for our 2nd annual snow trip! So much snow! 26 inches in 1 day!! It was so amazing for this Florida gal and guy! It was a pretty perfect trip! Here are some photos from our trip! Breckenridge is near 10,000 feet about sea level! It was quite the adventure!
his & hers
Now to the craftiness! I'm not the best snowboarder, so one day I got to go around town while my crazy fellow and family went up to the black diamonds! (Did not mind at all ps)!
handmade cowl
I made a cowl in just a few hours thanks to tasty Starbucks and yarn from Tea Time Quilting & Stitchery! If you are ever in Breckenridge you should check it out!
Magical Scraps Shop
I also stopped into Magical Scraps in Breckenridge. It's a super cute handmade boutique! They have lots of handmade baby stuff - hey friends - I need you all to start having babies please so I can buy you awesome handmade stuff for your kiddos!!
We ate a ton, one of our favorite food stops is Lucha! I even tried skiing, which I haven't tried since I was 12! I was so much more scared on skis than I was on a snowboard! Then it got so so cold and it was time to head home! We made the 2 hour drive to Denver, but had a bit of time before our flight, so I googled craft shops in Denver and found this amazing place - Fancy Tiger! I could have stay in there for hours and hours!! So awesome! So much yarn! So many wonderful fabrics! Great Japanese patterns and gadgets! I am in love with Fancy Tiger! I was giddy after leaving there! Can't wait to show you all my goodies from Fancy Tiger!!
Oh hey did you know you can take these on an airplane? Because you can, well maybe I didn't ask, but I used them on the plane. They aren't sharp really. So yes to hooks that could create a bloody puncture wounds, but no to a full size face wash - that's a no no! ;) Actually I respect the airport rules and I think it's neat they Xray us - I wish they would take an iPhone photo of my Xray! Seriously!
 On the plane I crocheted ALOT!  Love plane rides for that reason and the ginger ale.
  
I loved Breckenridge, but I am so glad to be home where it's warm! 
Don't forget to sign up for the Valentine "Where does love come from" Giveaway!  
And head over to Tattoo Tales and check out her awesome Valentine Giveaway! Then just check out her etsy because you want everything in it! ;) Trust me!
Pin It

18 comments:

PaisleyJade said...

I so wish I had taken my hooks on our flight to Israel (via Korea) but was so scared that they would confiscate them. Loving your holiday pics - and your crochet project.

Amber said...

Oh man you found some amazing craft shops!!! How fun! I wish I could of shopped with you... I think we could be dangerous shopping together!!!
Oh... I only drink ginger ale when I am on an airplane. Isn't that weird?
Glad you are home in a warmer place. I really think I might move to Florida after the winter we have had:)
XOXO

Kat said...

I went to the snow for the first time last year. It's where Corey proposed so now it holds a special place in my heart. We snowboarded and it was so much fun. Corey picked it up a lot quicker than I did but I still had heaps of fun falls and all.

Illustrated Ink said...

Wow, you made the most of your trip!! :)

Thank you so much for the giveaway shout out and Etsy love! Extra entries for you, Becky! ;)

misslarissabree said...

Looks like an amazing trip!!

Miranda said...

Looks like so much fun! I love what you are making in the last picture. Its so pretty!

heather dawn said...

That day spent at starbucks sounds absolutely divine... Alone to enjoy tasty beverages and crochet! I need a little of that in m world! I can't wait to see what got at craft stores either!

Lisa said...

Domestic US Airlines let you take hooks on the plane, but international carriers don't. I wanted to take mine on my way to Israel in October. I'm so glad I inquired first!

Alicia (The Red Deer) said...

I am jealous of the craft shops you got to visit - our selection of shops here stinks!

miss teacups. said...

oh that's so fun! i'm sorry that your headband didn't make it in time. i can totally give you a refund if you don't need it now as well...you live in florida, lets be real here!!

i wanna see your finds from fancy tiger. seems like a cute place, with an adorable sign out front!

Katie said...

I went to Denver for NYE and I also went to Fancy Tiger! It is AMAZING. I wish there was one in Chicago!

Ashley Ann said...

You came to Denver and went to the Fancy Tiger and didn't invite me?!

erica1228 said...

yay, looks like you had a great time. Did you leave CO. early? For some reason I thought you were leaving today (:
I'm going to have to go to Fancy Tiger now.

Lauren said...

Ginger ale AND tomato juice!!!

P.S. Ask that girl who's moving to Nashville if she needs an apt!!! I can't find anyone to take over my lease :(

apparentlyjessy said...

I totally love drinking ginger ale on plane flights too!
Looks like you had an awesome holiday, I've never been to somewhere where it snows properly, I think I would suck at snowboarding/skiing, I am way too clumsy.
The Fancy Tiger shop looks so cool, you got some awesome loot there!

sdillondesign said...

You sure did get a snow day! Looks like a really fun trip. I like the kid robot snowboard by the way :)

amber stackle said...

ooo exciting! I want to try skiing and snowboarding soo badly right now! Even though I'll probably fall all day and get bruised up pretty badly haha.

Annis said...

oh! I loooooove your crochet hook case, where did you get it? i'm looking desperately for one here in Holland...
thanks! Annis from handgehaakt.blogspot.com