Monday, January 31, 2011

Strumpet's Crumpets Memory Lane Project



A few days ago I found my Lucy bear in my old room and realized I've had her since the day I was born. Kinda crazy because now that I'm 28. Lucy is the one thing I've had the longest! I took that bear EVERYWHERE! I tried cutting Lucy's hair, I'd make clothes for her, she'd go in the outside play house my dad built us, she'd go on vacations with us, I'd talk to her as if she was real, she was so important to me! My mom's mom gave her to me. Lucy is a GUND brand bear, but growing up I thought it was GUN, and I thought that was a strange name for a bear brand. I'm not sure why her name is Lucy, obviously I didn't name her, or maybe I did - Mags (my mom) will know, I'll ask her. When my sister was born, she was given the exact same bear, but we could always tell them apart because my Lucy was very beat up and still to this day Lauren's Lucy (because she named it the same as mine ;)) is so soft and perfect, where mine is a little ratty. Lucy trumped all toys. Just seeing that bear brought back all these great/hilarious/wonderful memories.....
...SO then I thought everyone should join in! 
Now I'm starting Project Memory Lane
Here's what you do:
1.Find the oldest, most important, most memorable item of your childhood - maybe a blanket or stuffed animal, it could be anything really.
2. Tell a little story about it and if you can take a photo, email it to me and/or blog about it yourself, and if you email me at strumpetscrumpetscrafts@gmail.com
I'll blog about it right here on Strumpet's Crumpets!
3. Tell all your blog buds to join in!

So what do you think! Wanna join me on a trip down [Project] Memory Lane!?
 Let's keep the trip going all through February! Sound good! :)

=""





oh and 2 other VERY important things:
#1 and most important - It's Amber's birthday!!!!!
#2 - don't for get the Berry Cute Valentine Card Giveaway!
Pin It

21 comments:

Alycia (thecuriouspug.com) said...

i want to play! whats the deadline?

K said...

I think this is the cutest idea! I might very well be participating in this!

Velma said...

love it! My son has a tigger that will have to be blogged about!

Becky Farley said...

Yay!! Alicia - all through Feb!
K - I hope you do! :)
Velma - I can't wait to see a Tigger post!

Kat said...

Oh that sounds like heaps of fun! I have a teddy bear that I have had since I was little so as soon as I get some pictures I will email you.

kirst said...

wohoo im excited great idea!
xo

Jenn said...

http://jennovazombie.blogspot.com/2011/02/memory-lane-project.html

I did it! TINYSAURUS REX! :3

apparentlyjessy said...

This is a great idea! I had a soft toy cat called Bobo. I just had a pang of worry cause I can't remember which safe place he is in... Will definitely play along when I find him :)

Jodie said...

this is such an awesome Idea, count me in!!
Most of my things are interstate at my parents house, including the first toy I got (a cute panda that had a jingly/weird noise in its tummy when you moved it) and a tshirt on! but I will do it about my other favorite childhood toy! :)
xx

Alyssa said...

i love this idea! I'm going to have to climb under the stairs and find my oldest toys!

O. said...

such a cute idea... I have something to share

Amber said...

Becky...you seriously are the bestest:) Thank you for hacking into my blog and leaving that sweet post! It made my day!
I love this memory lane project idea. I have my baby blanket around here somewhere. And a few other things too! I bet Poot has somethings too! Love it!!
Have a great day! I am gonna send you some pictures of my birthday snow storm:)
XOXO

Jana said...

Great idea! I'm in! Cue the triumphant return of Bernice Marlene the Cabbage Patch Kid.

Becky Farley said...

:) yay!! Send me photos and stories!!! I can't wait!
hehehe Jana your comment is great! ;)

motherawesome said...

I'm so doing this tonight. Great idea!

By the Bluegrass said...

love it! I'm going to blog about it! I'll put your button on it too! I can't wait to share some of my childhood toys!
xo,
Sena

By the Bluegrass said...

Hi Becky,

Cool! I just posted on my blog the memory lane project. Check it out!
xoxo,
Sena

Sarah said...

My oldest childhood toy is a doll named Lucy too! My doll has red hair just like Lucille Ball and I guess I must have loved I love Lucy when I was a little kid! :)

dana said...

OOh I'll have to join in! First I need to find my old friends. I know where one is at least.

Panda said...

Hi I just posted my story of my beloved toy on my blog at
http://lapisllamas.blogspot.com/
I also added your button to my page!!
Thanks Panda

Tids said...

That's me sporting one times Memory Lane post too.

http://olliethehamster.blogspot.com/2011/02/memory-lane.html

Tids xx