Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Hello Kitty Birthday...for a grown man!

Today is Dave from work's birthday - Davemas as he calls it! Since we love birthdays at Sonic, I made Dave special cupcakes for Davemas! Hello Kitty Cupcakes!! Dave hates Hello Kitty and turns my Tara McPherson Hello Kitty around to face the wall everyday - rotten! So I knew I had to make these cupcakes extra special! Please note the one I tried to make into a Hello Kitty head looks more like Mickey with a bow haha!
hello kitty cupcakes
I bought the neon food coloring just from the local grocery store - it's SO bright! Here's some I made awhile back, Neon Cupcakes! I tried to off set all massive amounts of red dye no. 5 with vegetarian eggs haha! I pour all the mix in a plastic bag and cut the end off so I don't make a mess - only baking tip I have! ;) Oh and where to find awesome decorating items! I got the Hello Kitty Heads at Bake it Pretty! and the cupcake holders are from Hey YoYo! Love them both!
making hello kitty cupcakes
Gotta love the neon pink! I know Dave will! :)
pinkness cupcakes
Some Davemas treats! Dave collects PEZ, so I got him Hello Kitty PEZ in a special collectable lunch box! Woowhoo! Just what every grown man needs!!
davemas
Can't wait to see who's birthday is next around here!
Hello Kitty Cupcakes!
Have a Happy Davemas everyone!!! 
Pin It

20 comments:

Oddity:86 said...

aww, they're so cute, and they look so yummy!

The Cookie Button said...

Oh my gosh, super yum yums all round!

Carrie said...

I love them!!! I have that lunch box with the Hello Kitty pez

Windsor Grace said...

So adorable! You really do everything to the max :)

kristin marie. said...

I am overly obsessed with HK!
I wanna make capcaked like that & I want those PEZ! hehe!

Hope he likes it!


xo

freaked out 'n small said...

They look AWESOME!

Veronica said...

HAHA! That's awesome, and I'm definitely a little jealous! I LOVE those crazy-bright cupcakes...and those Pez?? Whoa!!

xo!

ohmydeer said...

aww how awesome!!!! hilarious your work sounds like the coolest place ever!! on a side note did you make the reader board sign doo dad with the plastic leaders?? i LOVE it!

ohmydeer said...

aww how awesome!!!! hilarious your work sounds like the coolest place ever!! on a side note did you make the reader board sign doo dad with the plastic leaders?? i LOVE it!

Live Love Life Now said...

That is hysterical!! What did your co-worker think of the tongue-in-cheek cupcakes?

By the way, I'm very impressed that what was essentially a joke came out so beautifully! Nice skills :)

Elora said...

Haha, you're awesome! I'm sure even a Hello Kitty hater has gotta love these. They look sooo bright and fun and yummy. You are definitely a very skilled cupcakess. ♥

nicole said...

that is hilarious. holy crap those are some PINK cupcakes!!! :-)

GraphXGrrl said...

Those ROCK, Becky! I need to have you bake cupcakes for me every day, k thnx ;)

Erika Lee Sears said...

AWWWW soo super cute. Real men love pink. :)

Illustrated Ink said...

Lol, those are great! You are a good friend/co-worker!! I love those neon food dyes, I have them too, and I love how they turn out.

Victoria Gayle said...

Ah, those are adorable! I think I should make some for my boyfriend... he hates Hello Kitty too! Silly boys!

miss teacups. said...

what a waste of a hello kitty party and present, he doesn't even like hello kitty. this post makes me sad. it makes me happy of course, because it's hello kitty and those cupcakes are so bright and amaaaazing BUT he doesn't like her and that is what makes me sad.

Alicia (The Red Deer) said...

They are so bright my eyes are hurting! I so want that Pez collection!

Lauren said...

Hi Becky :) You're cupcakes look amazing :) (and I love your kitchenaid too :P)
Do you have the recipe for your cupcakes? I would love to have a go at making them, although I haven't seen the neon food colouring...might have to try online :) Thanks! xo

The Electric Twist said...

The look so yummy! I love the colors! <33