Monday, February 28, 2011

My sidekick Mickey!

Many of you know my little sidekick, Mickey! He's my sweet fat Maltese puppy for those of you who don't! He's going to be 3 years old in March! I got Mickey to be my protector when I lived all alone in my old apartment, obviously he's the best attack dog ever (eye-roll)! I love collecting Mickey-like things or Mickey crafts. Here are a few awesome Mickey crafts and things! I made a Mickey cubee craft! Amanda the Fanciest Lady I know made Mickey into a cookie once! The only trick Mickey knows is "Wanna go to Starbucks?" and he races to the front door! Steph Dillon made the MOST awesome Strumpet's Crumpets illustration EVER ever EVER, which included a giant, adorable Mickey! Mick has been a St. Patty's mascot - kinda! My first and once felting experiment was making a teeny felted Mickey! Silje painted the fanciest Mickey portrait! I made Mickey flocked Christmas cards one year! Oh and Mickey has his own Flickr set called Puppy Love here! So So so obnoxious right hahaha! I know! I know! Seriously I do! ;)
So to keep the cuteness going Dana from Wonder Forest Critters made this completely adorable Mickey plushie! She has a Maltese pup too, so I have a feeling she knows how great little Mickster is! ;) Bet she'd plush-out your pup is you asked! 
Now tell me about your puppy love at home or you crazy cat lovers, I guess you can tell us about the day your cat didn't scratch you! hahaha jk cats are cute - sometimes! ;) 

Pin It

18 comments:

Jenn said...

Since I have neither a cat OR a dog...I'll tell you about my sweet lizard Ryuu. She's a bearded dragon and she'll be three this year. She likes sitting on my chest when I read blogs online, and she snuggles up in my hoodie when I watch movies. :P She's like a hairless puppy/kitten sometimes with how she constantly needs attention and cuddles. :D

Moe said...

This is so stinkin' cute! gaaahhh I'd love a little stuffed Rudy since I am away in college. He's my parents puppy so I guess that makes him my 2nd little brother. I wub heeem soooo much!!

superh2ogirl said...

Mickey is soooo cute! I love doggies!

wonder forest said...

I love him :) and I am so glad you love your little Mickey plush! Maltese doggies are so amazing <3

xo
dana
thewonderforest.com

katiebug92 said...

awww! Mickey is adorable, and she did a great job!

elycia said...

mickey is adorable. i love the 'wanna go to starbucks?' trick, haha. mickey and i would get along just fine.
but you better watch it with the cat comments missy ;) haha.

Becky Farley said...

Elycia- hehe!! All my buds are cat lovers!!

Out on a limb said...

Awww!
He looks like he's laughing!

Yesterday's Sweetheart said...

That is TOO adorable!

Eva said...

just found your blog!

I'm not much of a dog person usually, but that is one cute doggie :)

http://bottleblack.blogspot.com

apparentlyjessy said...

Mickey = LOOOOOOVE! He is so cute.

I'm sure you know how much I love my kitties :D

I just realised its the end of Feb and I ran out of time to blog about my childhood toy for your memory lane project :( Bobo is packed away somewhere at my Mums house, at least you reminded me to go find him so we can reunite!

The Soul Anchor said...

SO CUTE! I love little dogs like that. I would like to own a Westie some day. I currently have a cat -- she's an all white long haired cat. She's really adorable... never gets up on things like counters or tables, and she's a real cuddle bug!

Holly said...

I am in love with Mickey! So adorable! I have two pups of my own, one is tummy my dauschund-chihuahua mix. We lovingly refer to her as a Mexican hot dog :) My husband & I like to think that if she could talk she would have a proper British accent. My second dog is a tea cup chihuahua named ducky & she is quite the handful. Last night she got on the table and ate a whole bar of chocolate, she was running in circles for hours because she was so hyper from all the caffeine and sugar. She is crazy but she is my baby and I love her <3

littlemessyla said...

I love how much you love your dog!
And also that Starbucks trick is so sweet. My dog knows when you say "Chicken", "Toast", "Tea" and "Butter" and will come running. Even if he is asleep and you say "I am going to make some toast", he will wake up with a shot and stare at you until you make some!

dogs..so funny!

La

Amber said...

Pictures of Mickey always make me smile! I can't wait to meet him.

I am determined to make you love cats after visiting Poot Manor. Ms. Baba will for sure sit on your lap all the time b/c she can sense non cat people. Ha!

Jenn @ Live Love Life Now! said...

Mickey is sooo cute!

I am a HUGE animal lover and am both a cat and dog lover...though currently I am a proud crazy cat lady!

In fact, I have dedicated every Monday to posting pictures and videos of my two cats on my blog...because they are just too freaking awesome not to share with the world!!

danny said...

i love my cat, angel, shes the light of my life...jk Max is my boyy. Chihuahua all the way :) call me please

O. said...

So darn cute! I hope you guys are having fun on your trip! I'm sure you'll have pictures :)