Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Zodiac Embroidery

Over the weekend I started this adorable zodiac embroidery kit from Miniature Rhino
Here's what's in the kit! Perfect!
I'm an Aquarius ps - the water sign! There was a song written about us Aquarii (plural for Aquarius - maybe). When I was younger (meaning age 10 to 13) I knew everything there was to know about my sign! haha! My dad would buy me books or I'd take his mythology books from the bookshelf. I was way into it! I'd read up on Libra, because both my mom and sister are Libra. I thought maybe if I learned about their sign I could deal with them better hahaha! Then I was interested in Astronomy - my parents let me paint a super nova on my wall in my bedroom. Oh my gosh and remember those glow in the dark star stickers from the nature store you'd stick on the ceiling!? I remember in my freshman year of highschool Astronomy was mandatory and I think I was the only kid who was super stoked about (probably not the only one, but you get the point). 
I love this little zodiac embroidery! I painted my hoop gold last night once I was all finished with the embroidery. I'm getting Brian's sign, which is Cancer, and I was thinking I'd hang them up next to each other! Normally I'm not huge on kits, but I just loved Miniature Rhino's kits! So cute and so well put together - you won't be disappointed! Have you made one of these kits before? 
Oh and if you have any tales of your childhood when you nerded out on signs and stars I'd love to read them in the comments. ;) oh and who's a follow Aquarius!?
Pin It

15 comments:

wallflower said...

That looks really good.

I've never made embroidery before.
Is it basically like some art you stitch and leave in a hoop? Is that kind of like the "canvas"?

I've just always been curious about those hoops. :)

Becky Farley said...

dori - I love keeping them in the hoops, but I don't know if everyone does. I think originally the hoops were used over and over. But I paint my hoops and hang em!
You should try your hand at embroidery! The kit may help a beginner quite a bit! ;) I sound like a sales person, but it's true!

Zoe said...

I'm an Aquarian too, we really are the best people. ;)

Veronica said...

I'm Aquarian! I always loved reading about the zodiac... have you ever read anything about Numerology? Very interesting! I actually saw a really cool book on clearance at Borders the other day that was about your personality based on your actual birthday... kinda wish I had bought it now! I read the page about me, and it was spot-on! hehe

Elora said...

Ooo, nice :D

I'm an Aries, and from about the age of 12 until now even, have loved Astrology and Astronomy. I used to pour myself into those books, hoping to learn more about my family and friends, it was great. Even now, I enjoy documentaries on occasion, or reading the horoscopes. My Mom has a ton of books on astrology that I'd love to steal :P~

O. said...

aquarius unite!
love it, the gold hoop was a perfect touch

kymberley said...

I like the gold hoop with the embroidery...very nice, I've never seen embroidery like that pattern before!

jessica said...

damn! so many Aquarius peeps here & your constellation looks rad in the gold painted hoop. nice touch. i'm a libra, but was never too much into horoscopes. I loved astronomy, hearing about ancient mythology, and sailor lore lots...

Jess [tenpenny splendid] said...

I love that! I'm a scorpio and was also very into astrology. I did my first research paper in high school on it! I also looked up my constellation when I was younger and made it in those glow in the dark stickers on my ceiling haha. I'm still into it now in the sense that I love anything with my sign on it but I rarely read my horoscope for whatever reason.

flappergirlcreations said...

I love it! So cute! I really love the navy/gold color combo too. xoxo

Amber said...

I am gonna have to go get Two Poots these kits! I am not good with those french knots though...but I guess I should learn sometime huh?
You know I am a fellow aquarius! We rule:)

eef said...

I'm an Aries, but I've never been too into astrology... I did, however, have 587438754357378543 glow in the dark stars around my room when i was a kid. they covered the ceiling and the top part of my walls!

Jenn @ Live Love Life Now! said...

I've never done embroidery but always wanted to! And I had forgotten that fact until I read your post - so thanks :)

I remember being into astrology when I was a teenager (you know, looking up to see if you would be the perfect match with your crush at the time, lol) and always wanting the glow-in-the-dark stars that all my friends had papered their ceilings with.

Aww, the good ole days :)

Cat said...

this looks fun! I made a painting for me and my husband with our signs on it. I've got one for sale to be customized in my etsy! I love astrology too!

freaked out 'n small said...

Ah! This looks great! Your french knots are perfect!