Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Pixelated Crocheting

Back in November I started this 1up mushroom! It's taking forever, but I only work on it once in awhile. The other night I decided to lay it all out after I saw the amazing Courtney's pixelated Mario! She started this not too long ago! She's a wiz! So I raced home, laid it all out, and realized I still had a bit to go!
1up Mushroom in progress
I'm pretty stoked about this blanket! This pixelated mushroom is for Brian and Eli of course and they both think it's awesome which makes me double stoked! Still have some beige and white to go and then all the connecting - whompwhomp! Oh I found the pixelated mushroom on the Pixelated Mushroom hehe! Go check out her site! 
1up mushroom
Here is Courtney's Mario so far! So So awesome! 

Have you ever crocheted a pixelated something? Long ago I  started a pixelated skull and cross bones quilt, but I've never finished - I really want to but it's super tricking, so I was thinking maybe I'll crochet it instead! What do you think! 
Don't forget the Dexter Notepad Giveaway
Pin It

32 comments:

Karlie said...

That is awesome! I wish I would have thought to do something like that. Can't wait to see it when it's finished!

Jana said...

Oh gosh, that's awesome! I have this thing for Mario mushrooms. So much that I was one for Halloween.
http://janahale.blogspot.com/2010/11/homemade-halloween.html

NorwegianAngel said...

Awesome! It makes me want to learn how to crochet so I could make one of those for myself =D

misslarissabree said...

love it! Its gonna look great!

Courtney said...

Your looks AWESOME! I can't wait until you start piecing it together! I know it is daunting to get all of the squares done but you can do it and you'll ADORE it when you are done. Keep us updated!

Carrie said...

so cute I might have to make Noah one of those for his birthday or Christmas it make take me that long! I can wait to see the finished product :)

PaisleyJade said...

My 'all things mario related' obsessed son has been begging me to make him a green mushroom rug too! Must do it - you have inspired me to get cracking!!!

Kim W. said...

omgosh!! they are amazing!!! you are so awesome... what a great idea! go u!

Miranda said...

I love it, its going to be awesome looking when its done!

erica1228 said...

wha??!! that is the coolest!

Vintage Love and Photographs said...

Thats awesome! I love it!

Velma said...

Love it!!!! I have used pixilated images to make my knitted gumba hat but I'm loving making a bigger version with crochet!

Katie said...

YEEEESSSS this is freakishly awesome. You are my crochet hero.

Megan said...

That. Is. Amazing.

Rachel said...

this is such an amazing project!

Oil painting for beginners said...

This is such a great site! I like the way you set this up! Great content! Thanks for sharing this!...Daniel

Annis said...

wow! i want to make one! now!!! (too bad i'm at work..)

ladybirdy said...

that is so amazingly cool!!! i really want to make one now! xxx

Annis said...

oh i have to comment again, i can't stop thinking about making one! :)
yay!
thank so much for sharing!

danny said...

that one up mushroom is really grool...can i place my order here?love you see you in less than a month when i live near you :)

I BLEED PINK said...

Wow, this is so cool!!

elycia said...

becky!! you are the coooooolest!

GraphXGrrl said...

That is going to look stellar! I would not have the patience to do something like that. haha

Can't wait to see a pic of the finished piece!

BEER said...

OMG! So adorable, I want one!!!

Windsor Grace said...

It love it, it's so cute!! Makes me want to pixilate something...like a unicorn. Better hurry, the world may end tomorrow

amber stackle said...

omg those are SO cute!!

Sway said...

Oh! Thats so rad!!!!

Amy said...

very nice!

O. said...

amazing. i am still have issues with granny squares, as soon as i figure them out i might have to make one of these bad boys

Courtney said...

I would just like to say that this made me incredibly happy :)

rosieposie said...

i'm currently working on a crocheted blanket too!!
xx

Tatiana said...

Oh. My. God. These are amazing!