Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Scrabble Cake!

Tonight Rosie tweeted me this photo! It's an amazing Scrabble cake! Brian proposed to me while playing Scrabble, so I think it's only fitting we have an edible Scrabble board and tiles! It's impressive right!? Fondant is amazing to me - I've never used it though! My best bud had a "husband cake" at her wedding, I don't think that was it's official name, but that's what I dubbed it. If we have a husband cake for Brian it will be a pinball game/COD/wake&snowboarding cake haha - only kidding! I want this cake and a traditional cake, how can I have both? Engagement party? Bridal shower? Will Martha make it for me? ;)  Just searched "Scrabble Cake" on flickr - just look!
Thank you Rosie for sending me the photo!! Totally perfect! Keep the awesomeness coming!

Oh and on a totally different note - Amber and I are cooking up some ideas for a Spring Swap! See past swaps here, here, and here! So get stoked! We'll be announcing it soon! 
Pin It

21 comments:

RobbieLee at Chickiedee said...

This is so cute! And so very detailed! Love it!

Felicia said...

They're really called groom cakes - I watch entirely too much reality TV about cakes! And why not have both at your wedding? It's your wedding, you can do what you want!

Jenn said...

I had the normal cake with the topper and my husband's grooms cake was a Gears of War 2 cogtag theme, I made it too! :) It's your wedding hon, do whatever YOU want to!

rosie! ♥ said...

you should have both! or rehearsal dinner! glad you liked it! :)

Ally said...

As much as I adore this cake (my boy and I are big Scrabblers as well) it frustrates me that there are many words on there that are not legal scrabble words! Haha.

Lacey said...

I just recently learned that grooms cakes are a southern thing. Only seems right to me to have 2 cakes :)

BEER said...

Well from someone that has started to make a lot of these types of cakes, It is not really that hard of one. When you break it all down its a simple square cake with fondant on top of it. The great thing about fondant is they last a long time and when they "dry" they keep there shape really well. If you need help with the pieces let me know. :D

PaisleyJade said...

That is so cool! I only recently found out that some people have 'grooms' cakes at their wedding. Cute.

Krust said...

Oh my goodness! I want a scrabble cake. It's so perfect...

O. said...

Everyone I know has had a grooms cake in addition to wedding cake and it's always been something fun based on the hubby's likes. Pinball would be so cool!

Carrie said...

everyone around here has a groom cake and the wedding cake too I love the scrabble cake it looks great

Amber said...

That is awesome. I think you could have it at a shower (I seriously typed baby and had to erase it....hmmm hello?? and type shower LOL). Or you could have one at the rehearsal dinner. Just a thought!!!

Megan Nicole said...

I must try to make this! Amazingly cute <3

hayley said...

LOVE IT!

Kristin! said...

I neeeeed this!!!!

Jenn @ Live Love Life Now! said...

That is an incredible cake!!! I can't even imagine how you would go about starting to create something that detailed!

You definitely have to incorporate it into your wedding festivites - it's too perfect :)

Jenn

Lindsay C said...

I have been seriously addicted to scrabble lately. hehe.

Madeline said...

that cake is adorable!

Deer Donna said...

on the scrabble theme, i found this!

http://www.etsy.com/listing/65975490/love-scrabble-greetings-card

i saw it on rock n roll bride! i thought of you instantly. i am a bit of a stalker of your blog. don't really comment much, just due to shyness!! :D

love deer donna xoxoxoxo

Becky Farley said...

Donna! Those are amazing!! Never be shy again please :) So SO awesome!!

Kat said...

That is amazing!!! You should totally have it as an engagement cake if you want to have a more traditional cake at the wedding.