Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Secret Agent Birthday Invitations

The top secret birthday invitations are finished!
A few weeks ago I did a trial run, but here are the actual invitations.
Secret Agent Birthday Invites
Here's a little DIY for you!
What you'll need:
1. manila folder, which you'll cut in half
2. 6x9 envelopes
3. paper clips
6. red sticker paper for Top Secret Sticker (optional)
7. an awesome printer ;)
Secret Agent Birthday
First, I designed the invitation using the red squiggle PDF and I used a light blue font under that. Using the decoder to double check my work. At the end of the invitation it says, "This note will self destruct in 10 seconds!" So since I'm not sure how to make a note self destruct I just put a bomb image on the back (Eli's idea) and since I'm not awesome at drawing, I borrowed The Hundreds logos! I'm not selling them so I figured it okay! Then I found an old photo of Eli with a Groucho Marx disguise on and turned it into a polaroid with Secret Agent Cheaney across it! I printed the postcards and polaroids out at work. Then I cut my manila folders in half (8.5x5.5) and on a few I had to trim the ends so they could fit in the 6x9 envelopes.
Secret Agent Birthday Invites
Finally, I paper clipped the polaroid to the manila folder, added the decoder and note inside, and put the Top Secret sticker on the folder (Eli did this part) and all that went in the envelope! We sent the kids in the family their very own file! I hope the grandparents can read them! Yikes! I'm sure it'll be fine!
So what do you think!? The gang and I are stoked about them!
 I want to make up a game and use the decoders, any ideas?
Pin It

15 comments:

JulieAnnA said...

Those. Are. AWESOME!!!!! SO cool!

Julie
www.julieannart.com (giveaway!)

taryn said...

this is so so so cute! i wish i had a reason to make them!

O. said...

Genius!!!!!!

my name is sécia. said...

these are seriously the best invitations ever!

♥sécia
www.petiteinsanities.blogspot.com

MafiosaGrrl said...

Holy cow, those are the coolest! You're such a crafty genius, Becky!

Miranda said...

Eli has the coolest invitations ever! I love it. I gotta try this out now.

PaisleyJade said...

Love!!! SO cool.

Lizette said...

They look so cool! With invitations like that, if I was a kid I would be so stoked to go to Eli's party.

M.M.E. said...

I'm not even a little boy and I WANT to make this!! And I don't even have a party to make them for!! Thank you so much for posting these. I can't wait!

amber stackle said...

omg this is the coolest idea ever! haha. LOVE these invitations!

Jenn @ Live Love Life Now! said...

I'm constantly surprised by your level of commitment to crafting...and your family.

The invitations for Eli are absolutely incredible!!! You must be his favoritest person in the whole wide world :)

Jenn

Lex said...

Found this through Google and I LOVE it! May I ask what font you used on the secret decoder part? I have a font similar to that, but no outline option.
Thanks!
Lex :)

Anonymous said...

buy alprazolam online no prescription xanax hair follicle drug test - xanax classification

Anonymous said...

diazepam overdose buy valium 20mg online - buy diazepam online no prescription

Anonymous said...

buy xanax overnight delivery new xanax 2mg - will 2mg xanax do