Thursday, May 19, 2011

Secret Agent Birthday Tunes!

Yesterday at work a customer asked if we printed CD Sleeves, and Paul (our veteran printer) said sure it's easy and showed me a sample. They are easy! So I decided Eli's 007th birthday needs some Secret Agent Tunes with their own CD Sleeve. So here's how I made it!
First I downloaded a bunch of songs from itunes. Then I used this template for a CD Sleeve and designed around it! I used the secret decoder squiggles over the song names - for fun! I printed out one to test it - cut it, fold it, and tape it together - it worked, so I printed more! Then I spent last night cutting them with an exacto knife and scissors, once they were cut I use a small crochet needle to score them so they'd fold nicely (I forgot my scoring bone at work). I used double sided tape to make them stay together! They honestly didn't take too long to make! I also printed/ cut out mustaches and sheets for the kids to finger print themselves! I know I'm going a little over board, but who cares it's fun! 

Here are the song I put on the CDs:
1. Inspector Gadget
2. Pink Panther
3. Get Smart
4. Scooby-Doo
5. Secret Agent Man 
6. Peter Gun Theme
7. Mission Impossible
8. Watching the Detectives
9. The James Bond Theme
10. Spy Vs. Spy
11. FBI (I Spy for The)
12. Austin Powers
13. Despicable Me
14. Dragnet
If you can think of any others let me know! 


 I figured a bunch of you gals are getting married and this may be an awesome parting gift for your guests - minus the decoder ;) But you could put your favorite songs on the CD and make an awesome CD Sleeve and it's something they'll actually use! Think about it! If you do decide to do it I'd LOVE to see the finished product! 

Pin It

16 comments:

Carrie Rosalind said...

That's so awesome! And those songs are perfect! :)

motherawesome said...

I love the inclusion of Elvis Costello - I'd have never thought of that!

Lizette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lizette said...

You're not going over board. All that fun stuff makes the party more memorable. I'm actually throwing my bog a bitch party in September for her birthday. I'm inviting all her bitches and dogs. Maybe, I'm the one going a little over board. I can't wait until you post pictures of Eli's party!

sdillondesign said...

007 birthday! Everything you have made for this is awesome. :)

misslarissabree said...

Can you plan my birthday becky!!

Claire said...

Aww!
This is a really cute idea!

Jim said...

Genius.

Miranda said...

I love this idea, is so cute! I need to throw a party now

marci said...

Wow! What a great idea!

rosieposie said...

what a great playlist for the party! all your posts are making me so excited for him!
xx

Lauren Calderon said...

OH my gosh this is amazing!!!! My wedding is music themed and I've been creating a CD template for our give aways!! I am redesiging and using this!!! Thanks Becky!

Magical Day Dream said...

I love this!! Such a great idea

Pretty Things said...

what an awesome idea! i also love the mustache! so talented!

http://blogoftheprettythings.blogspot.com/

xxx

Jenn @ Live Love Life Now! said...

Eli is very lucky to have you in his life - I can't imagine a cooler birthday party!!! You are awesome :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this great idea! I am making these for my son's 7th birthday party. The Spy Kids soundtracks have some great theme songs too!