Friday, May 6, 2011

Super Successful Crafty Peep Swap

header peep swap
In the beginning of Spring Amber and I decided to host the Crafty Peep Swap together! I just really love meeting new crafters (and catching up with buds) and making and receiving awesome handmade things! We chose the partners at random and this time I was partnered with Stephanie Kelly! She's a completely awesome, photograph taking, crafty as can be gal up in Illinois. I was stoked to be her swap bud!
This is my brand new, wonderfully handmade, fabric log from Stephanie Kelly! Please note the adorable orange hearts! Orange is my most favorite color ever! I'm using Stephanie's photos because I've had no good lighting for photos this week, I get home when it's dark and it's been rainy in the mornings. Plus she takes very awesome photos! I've been wanting to make a fabric log for while now! This lovely gift has inspired me to make a few more! Thank you Steph Kelly! I just love it! 
And I embroidered this SK for Steph Kelly! She has the cutest blog and the loveliest photos. I recognized the font on her blog and then it just clicked and I decided to make her this! It's one of my favorite fonts ps! 
This swap was an awesome experience for me!
 Steph is very sweet and very crafty, I'm so happy we got paired up!

As for the swap - I've heard a bunch of awesome feedback, but I have received a few comments saying you didn't get paired up, etc. I hate having to talk about this, but if you didn't comment and email then you may not have got paired up. There's a lot a gals that sign up and it's tough keeping track if you don't email. I'm sorry :( there will be a next time though! Do what I tell Eli, follow the rules silly ;) 

Now if you were in the swap, I want you to post your photos here at the Strumpet's Crumpets Craft Group on Flickr! Flickr is a free (to a point) photo site, if you don't have one you should definitely create one! You can do all sorts of great stuff on there.

I wish you all a very wonderful weekend! I'm so glad it's finally here! No work for two WHOLE days!


Pin It

9 comments:

misslarissabree said...

Its so sweet of you to put on these swaps! YAY!

steph kelly said...

thanks becky for the super sweet post! i absolutely love my embroidered initials!!!

and thanks for hosting these awesome swaps, i can't wait for the next one <3

my name is sécia. said...

Love the embroidery! Great idea.

♥ sécia
www.petiteinsanities.blogspot.com

Sway said...

Gorgeous fabric log!

Sadly I did comment AND email, but still didn't get any info - I think I may have received something from you and had it wiped by a virus my account had :( Stupid technology :(

I love the swaps, so I'll definitely be in the next one! Its so great that you organise these for all of us crafters out there!
Luvluv,
Sway

taryn said...

i can't wait for the next swap! i think i want to participate!

the log pillow is ADORABLE! and your embroidery is ahhhmazing!

RollerScrapper said...

Thanks for organizing this, it was so much fun! Those initials are super impressive!

Danielleorama said...

what great gifts, I especially love the embroidery, so so pretty!

erica1228 said...

ooo, that embroidery is the coolest darn thing!

Make handmade said...

Cute ideas for clothing and more, I like it very much. thanks