Monday, June 13, 2011

Keys Weekend

This was the first weekend of Summer break, though technically it's still Spring - it feels like Summer! We took Eli and Lauren (my sister) down to the Keys! Lauren had never been with us before so I was super excited! The drive down from Tampa is a long one, so for fun we left QR Codes at gas stations and at Pei Wei with a creepy/funny message on them! The sun was perfect Saturday, even though all week the weather channel said it was going to rain! We took the boat out to Hens and Chickens, a beautiful coral reef. Then when we headed to a second reef, I saw 5 or 6 barracuda - made me nervous! But Brian and my dad say they won't bother you, they're just curious - still! After the reefs, we went to Robbie's for some dinner and to see the giant tarpon. The tarpon were HUGE! They just get fed by tourists all day - can't be good for the eco system, right?! But it was neat to watch Brian and Eli hand feed the tarpon, though Eli thought it was "super gross" to touch bait fish - I did too! That evening we watched the sunset from the boat as we raced the night to the marina - it was beautiful! 
The next morning we cleaned, ate and headed to........pick up an arcade game of course! ;) Oh but before we left, we FINALLY raised our pirate flag on our little trailor! Then we headed to pick up the mini NeoGeo, perfect for kids! I crocheted all the way home - heaven! So it was a fun and VERY tiring weekend! I'm excited to staying home this weekend and do some cool Father's Day stuff. 
What did you do this weekend? Anyone hangout in the sunshine? What are your plans for Father's Day?  

Pin It

11 comments:

O. said...

Looks like so much fun, I need to get down there sometime this summer.

I wish I was hanging out with my dad for Father's day but it's so far away. I am hoping to get a trip out to Hawaii to go see him sometime towards the end of this year.

marci said...

Wow! Great pictures! Looks like a lot of fun!

I love QR codes. I want to make some with fun secret messages on them and put them around town. Shh...don't tell. ;)

heather dawn said...

your weekend was WAY more fun than mine. ;) saturday was spent at home with a fussy 2 year old who kept getting in to things (white out, markers, lotion, finger nail polish)! I would take a weekend in the Keys any day! ;)

Michele said...

Are the bottom 3 pictures them feeding tarpon?! That's crazy... I've seen them in the open ocean before and they don't seem like the creatures to be fed. Wild!

Looks like a fun time!

misslarissabree said...

I love when you post these pictures so envious of florida!

Amber said...

Looks like you guys had a blast. The pirate flag rocks!!! I was outside all day Sunday but I was in my drive way going thru boxes of junk for our garage sale. Whomp whomp:(

chelseybell. said...

i am lovin the pirate flag! you guys look like you had such a good time.

sécia said...

Well that just looks awesome!

♥ sécia
www.petiteinsanities.blogspot.com

Lauren said...

This weekend was the BEST!!! Thank you guys sooooo much :)

chelseybell. said...

dear becky,

i'm pretty sure we should be pen pals, and that if you pick out, like, six colors of embroidery floss that I will totally make you a friendship bracelet.

yeah, i know.

sdillondesign said...

So much fun! What a lovely weekend. I love the Kewpie cards! Isn't it fun sticking em all over!? ;)