Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Trip to Tarpon Springs


This weekend Lauren (sister) and I took Eli to Tarpon Springs! It's not very far from our house, but I've never spent much time down there. It's a wonderful little town full of awesome Greek culture and food! Tarpon Springs is famous for it's sponge docks, which made us refer to Sponge Bob all day ;) How could you not love a town that has mermaids and mermen painted on the side of buildings!?!
 I'm not gonna lie it was REALLY hot out - tourist who come to Florida in the summer are so brave. The heat is gross and humid! But I guess being able to jump in the Gulf or Atlantic make it okay! 
We ate lunch and walked around in all the nic-nac shops, it was a good day. On the walk back to the car we stopped in an antique shop and I found this little creepo monkey (below). I obviously bought it because it's completely awesome and it was on sale. Eli announced to everyone in shouting distance, that the monkey was NOT going in his room because it is just too creepy!
The rest of the weekend was spent crocheting, putting together legos, and relaxing a bit. Wish every weekend  could be like that! :) I hope you had a wonderful weekend! Any new projects? I started an old project up again, my granny circles! I counted last night and I have 77 circles total. I don't really have a pattern for the blanket, so I'm not really sure how many I'll make! Any suggestions!?
Pin It

8 comments:

misslarissabree said...

HAHAHA the picture with with the bread crusts reminded me of the pic you posted of him drinking like a dog ahahah

Jordan said...

Poor Mr. Monkey, he's not creepy, he's just really really jolly. Like, super intensely jolly. And awesome. Good buy!

miss teacups. said...

it looks like such a cute place!! i love it. you always have great photos...makes me want an iphone REAL bad!! xo. miss you becks.

Karlie @ Inspire Me said...

That monkey looks like the one from Toy Story 3!

Claire M. said...

Cute photos! I love it ;)

chelseybell. said...

that monkey is super creepy, but I'm also glad it got a home (you know, the whole "so weird it makes you feel sorry and love it" thing?).

looks like you had fun on your mini-trip--and I would totally love to see mermaids everywhere!

Kirsten said...

Weird. That monkey reminds me of one that I remember seeing at my Grandmother's house when I was a little girl. Brought back a whole bunch of memories! Thanks for that!
~ Kirsten =)

Amber said...

I loved Tarpon Springs! We got our pictures taken in that silly scuba mask too:) Did you guys go through the creepy old sponge museum that was free? Poot, Mark and I literally ran through it, becausae it was so creepy. LOL!

We ate some of the the yummiest greek food ever there!

Not gonna lie that monkey is creepy...but cool too:)