Thursday, July 21, 2011

1up Pixelated Crocheted Mushroom Blanket

It's finished! The pixelated crocheted mushroom I started in Oct. 2010 is finish! The date is printed out on the directions that's how I know hahaha! You like how organized I am - see below haha not very! ;)
I found the directions here on the blog appropriately named Pixelated Mushroom!
date and how I kept track
Making this blanket was pretty easy, I just got bored with it alot! I would stop for whole months at a time. But if you can make a granny square (well 192 granny squares) you can totally make this blanket!
stacks of granny squares
Once I had all 192 granny squares completely I felt so accomplished! Then I realized how what work I had ahead of me! Once I got going it went quick, and having to stay in bed helped haha -only good thing about it! Here's the mushroom in the making! 
pixelated mushroom crocheted
As I was making the grannies, I'd lay them out to see how many more I needed. The first time I did it I was stoked to see it look like a mushroom (see top left photo). I stitched my squares together with a yarn needle, but you could just crochet them! I did a single crochet (think that's right) around the edge because I wanted to give it a clean edge! 
1up pixelated mushroom crocheted blanket
Tada! One pixelated crocheted mushroom for our new game room! Here's a photo to show it's size. I'm excited about it! I want to make more pixelated things - Pacman & Ms. Pacman perhaps!? Any ideas!? 
Pin It

23 comments:

Jordan said...

It looks awesome!! You should do Blinky, Pinky, Inky or Clyde/Sue.

Vintage Love and Photographs said...

This is very awesome just so you know.

manzanita said...

Wow, this is amazing. I never have the patience to count stitches and do silhouette stuff. I like this approach.

besitos,
rebecca

stina said...

i am SO impressed! i love it! i would never ever had finished such a project, sadly i'm far too restless and easily bored. kudos!

Jana said...

Awesome project, Becky!! Pixel crafts are so fun.

Katie said...

It looks awesome! Great job, and I have to hand it to you for sewing all those together - you are a finishing superstar!

O. said...

woowhoo! Looks awesome. I have so many unfinished projects going on.

rachael said...

This is crazy cool! Love it! Good job Becky!

chelseybell. said...

that's amazing! you did a great job--I'd give you gold stars and scratch 'n sniff stickers .

allison said...

hilarious. who knew the possibilities with grannies? i must learn how to make them.

Carrie said...

I love it I need to get started if I am going to make Noah's for Christmas

PaisleyJade said...

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!! I love it so much!! Trying to finish mine but my boy wants it to be a blanket so will have to do some extra squares to make it a rectangle shape! Love it.

Barbara - The Tattooed Housewife said...

this is so awesome! looks great!

karen marie said...

LOVE this! As a fellow crocheter/granny square lover, I am so so inspired by your cute mushroom! :)

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [22 Jul 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Windsor Grace said...

It looks awesome!!

Lyssalove said...

i posted this on my facebook(: this is such an awesome idea!



<3 alyssahickman28@gmail.com

Velma said...

A W E S O M E!

Leminh said...

it turned out great! you've inspired me to give it a shot!

taryn said...

that is soooo rad!

Bre said...

Incredible! This makes me seriously want to attempt to learn to crochet again, the mere thought of having this flung over the back of my couch is enough to send me into a fit of glee! Definitely featuring this on my blog in my Saturday link post! <3

katiebug92 said...

coolest blanket ever! :)
-Katie

Lisa M. Henry said...

Hotmail is an email account of Microsoft Corporation. Like Google's Gmail, it is full of features usually xuyen.Neu of an email you want to register an account please follow these basic steps:
Hotmail login

Hotmail review

Sign in to hotmail

Login to hotmail

Recover hotmail password

Tank Trouble is a very interesting flash game about tanks, about war and about destruction
TANK TROUBLE | TANK TROUBLE 2

One Penguin Takes it personally when he is surfing the web and stumbles upon a web site telling him that he cant fly, after that he sets his mind to research and practice flying until he can prove the world that he can..
Slitherio | LEARN TO FLY | LEARN TO FLY 2

Strike Force Heroes is a new game action-packed shooter from the creators of Raze; with 3 game modes, 15 campaign missions and over 65 weapons.
Strike Force Heroes | Strike Force Heroes 4

Strike Force Heroes 2