Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Happy Tron-tastic Birthday Brian!

Tron birthday cupcakes
Doesn't matter if they're 7 or 33, boys love Tron! :) So Eli and I made Brian a Tron-tastic Birthday!
I printed out tiny Tron light discs, light bikes, and the Tron arcade game for cupcake toppers at work! Now Tron colored cupcakes were tricky - I used blue dye in the cupcake mix and black in the frosting (but only enough to make a grayish color-no one likes black icing).
brians bday
Eli left Brian a note on our Smile and Wave speech bubble! We got him an iCade from Think Geek- it's a small arcade cabinet for your iPad - pretty neat! Perfect for an arcade lover!
We made a birthday banner too! We're thinking about being Tron characters for Halloween!
If you haven't seen Tron The Legacy you should, even if you don't love video games it's good! Did anyone else think Kevin Flynn was The Dude haha from The Big Lebowski
Well Bri, Happy Tron-tastic Birthday! ;) Cuban food tonight! Wootwoot! I love you so much!
Pin It

15 comments:

Carrie Rosalind said...

Such a fun party and I absolutely LOVE those cupcakes! I haven't seen Tron but I totally want to - even more now that I've seen your cute party!

Miranda said...

Happy birthday Brian! I love your birthday parties, they look awesome. I love the theme.

Michelle (michabella) said...

Those cupcakes look AWESOME!!! Great job!!! I heart that movie.

chelseybell. said...

this is so cool! I love that the gray icing still looks yummy (and even kinda silvery in the pictures).

Carrie said...

I am in love with those cupcakes now I want to make some just because lol you plan the cutest birthdays!!!

Libby's Life said...

Love that whole party idea! It is too cute!! The cupcakes look so yummy!!!

PaisleyJade said...

So cool - love it!!!

Jamie said...

Oh my word those are the most awesome cupcakes I have ever seen!!! The colors are freaking amazing, the blue and grey are so perfect!!

Jana said...

Jeff Bridges always was, and always will be... The Dude.

The cupcakes look amazing! I'm inspired for my dude's next birthday now :)

Songbird said...

Haven't stopped by in awhile but things are looking fresh and fun! Don't you just love Rachel's chalk board bubbles?? Fun!
Shelley

Amber said...

Happy Birthday to a hip pinball wizard!! Your cupcakes looked delicious!! Hope your birthday was trontastic indeed!!

rachael said...

Looks great! I wish i could hire you for my next birthday. lol 26 really isnt that big of a deal, is it....hmmm.. Cheers to Brian for his Birthday!

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [14 Jul 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Danielleorama said...

The colors of the cupcakes and frosting look amazing! and the icade look super cool too!

ps. we should get our arcade in 4-6 weeks i think :D

sdillondesign said...

Fantastic! The gray frosting looks so good :) Happy Birthday Brian!!