Saturday, July 30, 2011

Painted Lady Embroidery

Hi Gang! Wanted to share my newest embroidery project with you! Again I used Angelique Houtkamp's linedrawing book, because I just love her! Here's the one I made a few weeks ago!
painted lady tattoo embroidery
The water colors get tricky because they bleed so much on the fabric. Her eyes look a bit wonkie to me haha! practice makes perfect right?! Gotta keep practicing! ;) Below is the piece in the different stages! I embroidered her entire turban, took a while but I think it turned out nice!
making of
The lower left square shows the back on the piece - I LOVE the back any embroidery for some reason! :) And below is a new one I've started! I just love her eyes!
cut here lady2
I'm stoked to be embroidering again! What have you been working on!? 
Pin It

10 comments:

Donna's Decembers said...

Becky! I love this! I don't have a ton of experience with emboridery, but am sort of dying to get into it.

Question: Are you hanging all of the finished projects together as a mural or spacing them throughout your house or giving them away? I think they're so cool!

Carrie said...

I love it!!!! I am emailing you with a question

sécia said...

Very cool!

♥ sécia
www.petiteinsanities.blogspot.com

O. said...

Looks so cool. I really love the new one

Sway said...

Wow wow wow! Becky, the look awesome! You've inspired me to start embroidering again! So, thanks Honey :)
Luvluv,
Sway

Danielleorama said...

So gorgeous! I can't wait to see the next finished one :D

Consider my dear said...

I just love the watercolor on it so much. I think the eyes looks perfect!

I BLEED PINK said...

Wow, that is so pretty!! You have so much talent.

Steph said...

Love the painted lady! I really like the line drawing on the new one, I bet it will be great too.

Windsor Grace said...

It looks awesome! I want to learn to make what you're doing with the paint