Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Amigurumi Puppy Love

 Last week I started my lil crocheted Mickey pup! It was tricky without Olivia there telling me what to do every stitch haha but I did it! I followed the pattern from the book Ami Ami Dogs. The maltese didn't really look like my Mickey but I still made it. I got the eyes and nose from Joann's - nothing special. But I found this etsy shop with awesome eyes and noses!
 So tada! One little crocheted pup! I'm stoked about this amigurumi business haha - makes my fingers a bit sore, but I love the finished product! 
I read this post over on SkunkBoyCreatures Blog, it's a really awesome post by a very awesome gal! I've been wanting to learn to crochet creatures for so long and never tried hard enough to learn, then Steph sent me a book all about it and I'm lucky enough to live near Olivia (crochet queen) and tada I'm learning - slowly but surely! 
What new craft do you wanna learn? I want to know! I want to set up a swap of crafts! For example recently I sent a friend a package filled with embroidery stuff so she can learn! Maybe we can partner up and send each other new crafts - It's not all thought out, I've just been brain storming so if you have any ideas let me know!
 I'd like to be as awesome as my dad at wood work haha maybe one day! :) 

Pin It

9 comments:

hayley said...

awww, super cute!

Elaine said...

Such a cute project! I'm impressed with your crochet skills! Those animals aren't easy! Good work!

Danielleorama said...

Sooo cute! The ears are my fave hehehe cant wait to see what you do next :D

chelseybell. said...

that's awesome! I always wanted to try amigurumi, but figured it would be rough on the fingers.

HazelandMare said...

He's so cute! You did a great job! I have really been wanting to learn amigurumi as well :) I would also like to get better at knitting so that I can do sweaters instead of just scarves!

Velma said...

So cute!!!! He turned out great! I love having an expert near by to help out!!!
I want to learn to sew better!!!!!

Kayla said...

He's so cute! I think he turned out really well! Props to you...I'm trying to learn to crochet but so far it's not going too well haha!

-Kayla
thekitschinista.blogspot.com

Amber said...

So impressed. I think you might need to teach me this on a very long train right soon:)

I love your craft swap idea...gonna do some brain storming on that!

Kittypinkstars said...

Oh MY!!!!! So so cute!!! I wish I could crochet :/