Friday, August 19, 2011

Crocheting like Crazy

I received the last of my squares from the Blogger Blanket Project hosted by the wonderful Courtney and Heather! I have lots of pretty granny squares to crochet together! They are doing a 2nd round if you are interested -  signup here! It was lots of fun! Here's some squares I made for the swap and here and here! I forgot to take photos before I sent all of them!
crocheted square swap
I've started to love crocheting creatures! Thanks to Olivia I made this monkey! And now I've started a Maltese pup just like Mickey! I have to change the pattern a bit to make him a tad fatter, so it can be JUST like Mickey ;) I got this book Ami Ami Dogs I while back because I really wanted to learn haha and finally I have! Woohoo! It's easier than I thought, but I still have a ways to go.
making maltese puppies
Wish me luck on this lil fat Mick!
new blanket project
And last but not least, I'm in the process of making a Thank You gift see above! There's a huge story behind it and I cannot wait to share it with you - but not yet :) But soon!
I hope you all have a fantastic, wonderful weekend! 
Pin It

11 comments:

O. said...

Holy cow, i can believe how much of that blanket you did already.

Mick is turning out great!!!!

heather dawn said...

so pretty! The Blogger Blanket Project was all Courtney! She's the mastermind & everything! I just blogged about it ;)

how are you going to put your squares together?

karen marie said...

i love the color choices for the granny squares! and can't wait to hear the story about the final picture... it's gorgeous!

<3
karen

amy florence said...

Oh my goodness! Those colours are gorgeous! I wish I could crochet! One day I /will/ make a granny square blanket!

PaisleyJade said...

LOVE your granny squares!!

Courtney said...

Becky Those squares look AMAZING! aNd you are so good at amigurumi- I tried it and it was a huge lumpy oversized mess. I can't wait to see everything you've made come together. It is all so lovely.

Lisa said...

Those squares are gorgeous! I can't wait to see the finished product.

Velma said...

that is so awesome!! I may have to do this granny swap! sometimes I can make my animals look cute and sometimes... well...
can't wait to see the end result of this blanket and the story!

Ashley said...

Awe, so many colorful squares :) and I love crocheting, too!

Southern Sisters said...

Thank you for commenting!! We are very excited about our new blog: www.souther-sisters.blogspot.com! I love the crocheting!

Southern Sisters said...

www.southern-sisters.blogspot.com