Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Angry Bird Cupcakes!

You may remember we LOVE Angry Birds! I've been wanting to make Angry Bird Cupcakes all August, mostly for my dad's birthday - he's a huge Angry Birds fan! I finally found time this weekend to make them with Eli. I let him cut up all the candy to decorate the birds - he was stoked! 
 We bought a bunch of candy to decorate the birds- orange slices for the beaks, black licorice for the eyes and eyebrows, marshmallows (both big and small), jelly beans for the eggs and pig ears. Oh and we used green, blue, red, and yellow food coloring on the icing! 
 Hahaha check these guys out! We've got the yellow triangle guys, the tiny blue ones, and the big fat red ones! We also made a few piggies, a nest, and a (pretzel) sling shot!
By the end of the night I was sick from eating SO much candy haha! Eli is a marshmallow fiend! 
We had some friends and family over Monday for Labor Day and everyone had Angry Bird Cakes! We taught my Nanny all about Angry Birds and Eli gave my dad some pro-tips haha! ;)
I hope you had a wonderful weekend! Hopefully some of you have a short work week! :)
Pin It

18 comments:

Lost Cabin Vintage said...

He he! These are awesome guys! Very clever :) Love the green kitchen aid mixer too!
Toni xo

starsanderin said...

Gosh I love reading your blog. You and your little family do so many funny, awesome things - I just love it!

Erin
http://erinsluckystars.blogspot.com/

sécia said...

How cute! Well done.

♥ sécia
www.petiteinsanities.blogspot.com

Carrie said...

how cute!!! I want your kitchen aid

O. said...

They are awesome!!! I'm bummed I wasn't able to make it.

hayley said...

super cute!

Grateful4Crochet said...

These are AWESOME!!!!

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [07 Sep 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Sugarplum Kawaii said...

Smashing cross looking goodies! (-;

Jessica said...

Those are great!

Just discovered your blog ... I adore all your crochet projects!

:)

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket said...

they are so super cute :) sounds like a great labor day.

miss teacups. said...

he is just the cutest little thing. he's certainly going to be a handsome one miss!

also, i'm sorry...i probably shouldn't say this but i totally do not get the whole angry birds thing. i played on my moms ipad once and...it just seems really pointless? i realize i'm probably going to get a lecture, i'm ready for it ;)

the cupcakes are totally cute though!!

marla grace said...

i might have to make these for my husband's 31st birthday!

Danielleorama said...

those look amazing! I have a smile to match Eli's and the contender is my nephew...Eli hahaha hope you can see this

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/313598_2347991615926_1134133348_2899192_997697954_n.

he loves him some angry birds!

Kittypinkstars said...

WOAH!!! These are AMAZING!!!!!! Hahaha LOVE!!!

chrissy said...

totally off topic but i am completely envious of your mixer! apple green? makes me want to get married just for the registry...

xoxo
http://tinylittlehappies.blogspot.com/

Turquoise Flamingo said...

Aww I love your Angry Bird Cakes! So cute and colourful! Theyre on my cooking list for the winter :)

Cathy
Turquoise Flamingo
www.turquoiseflamingo.com

misspickle said...

Ahaha what a great idea, Angry Birds + cupcakes what a perfect match ;)