Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Best Bud's Baby Shower!

Over the weekend we celebrated Kristin, my dearest friend and the little peanut in her belly with a Jip and Janneke Baby Shower! I hadn't seen her and her belly yet because we live in different states. I teared up majorly! She looked so beautiful!
Here are the Jip and Janneke invitations I made! Her mom and I decked the house out in Jip and Janneke decorations! This was a bit tricky because no one in the states sells Jip and Janneke anything! Thankfully, (and will need a blog post all her own) Vera from Seni with Love came to my rescue! Thank goodness for blog friends - I'm telling you! Vera lives in the Nertherlands, which is the only place Jip and Janneke items are sold, reason being is Jip and Janneke are Dutch storybook characters! But in this story Vera is the hero! I am so thankful for everything she did - I'll have a post about that very soon! 
I also made a bunch of the decorations thanks to Illustrator and Photoshop and of course the wonderful printing company Sonic Print ;)
Kristin specifically doesn't like games haha! Can't blame her, I don't want to melt chocolate bars in diapers, so we're a good pair! I saw this photo on Pinterest while back and decided to make a Kristin Baby Shower folder check it out!! So we turned this photo into a fun activity - I was a bit nervous about it because not everyone is crafty, but EVERYONE loved it and everyone painted/decorated a letter! It was a hit and now Kris' baby boy will have the whole alphabet on his wall! I made cards with the ABC Directions, see below! 
 Everyone got her awesome gifts! Thanks to Vera I was able to give her every Jip and Janneke item ever made hahaha! Be careful what you wish for haaha ;) We ate the best food thanks to her mama! She got the cutest cupcakes! And I kept my hand on Kris' belly most of the afternoon! I find baby belly moving and kicking AMAZING!!!! 
 A friend of Kris' family made her a Jip and Janneke blanket! So impressive!!! 
 I'm sad that she had to go back home and that all the planning is over, but now I can plan for the baby's arrival! I'm stoked about that! Plus we have so many Jip and Janneke decorations that kid's 1st birthday is already planned! ;) Here's more photos from the baby shower!
I'd love to know if anyone has ever heard of Jip and Janneke!? :) I'm curious! I only know of them from visiting Kris in Belgium during college! So let me know!
Pin It

17 comments:

sécia said...

So cute!

♥ sécia
www.petiteinsanities.blogspot.com

JenCoen said...

So adorable!! And WHERE did you get your dress! I needs!!

dana @ wonder forest said...

i have never heard of Jip and Janneke!?! i loveee that crafty letter idea though!! what a fun project... definitely beats those gross poop games haha.
xox dana
thewonderforest.com

heather dawn said...

i LOVE the alpabet idea!!! oh man!!! LOVE IT!

I've never heard of jip & janneke, but they look familiar though..

Teryn said...

What an incredible shower! I am so impressed and inspired and jealous =) And you looked beautiful, by the way! I love all the cute ideas.

Meredith Paige said...

Dress is precious and loving the pics!

http://mplusbdiaries.blogspot.com/

Carrie said...

I love the craft how cute I will have to remember this

Carrie

Annis said...

Yeah i know Jip and Janneke, but I am from the Netherlands, that's why I was so surprised to see it on your blog! The Jip and Janneke stories are great :-) <3

Vera said...

calling me the hero, blush blush..... i was so happy to do this, it made me smile too!

I also love the idea of the letters on the wall. Even people that aren't really 'creative' can participate. i'm curious how they all turned out hangin' together on the nursery wall :) I've read and seen that you've had the most wonderful time, cheers to that moments in life!! XO. Vera

Vera said...

oh i think it has to be.... cheers to those moments in life, right?! :P

taryn said...

very cute! she is a lucky lady!

Elise said...

This is a really cute baby shower:) I really like all the details.

miss teacups. said...

becky, you look gorgeous!!!!

mags said...

You did a fabulous job Beck AND such a terrific friend to Kristin!

Magical Day Dream said...

I love Jip en Janneke!!! I live in the Netherlands, and here it is basically the Dr. Suess of our country (or actually Annie M.G. Schmidt is). Do you know any other books of her with similar illustrations? Like 'Pluk van de Petteflet', 'Otje' or 'Floddertje'? They are equally adorable. Anyway, I love how the babyshower turned out :)

The Moldy Cannoli said...

What a darling baby shower, you did such a good job!

Bregje said...

I am from holland and grew up with the story from annie m. g. smit the writer of jip en janneke.
The are cute by there simplisity.