Monday, October 10, 2011

Granny kinda Weekend

On Saturday, Olivia came over for a crafting day and taught Lauren how to make a Granny Stripe Afghan! Olivia gives a great explantation here ;) Now Lauren is totally hooked (bahahaha) on crocheting! I'm so stoked about it! She text me today: "I wanted to crochet all day lol" I LOVE it!
She's Hooked on crocheting Lauren Farley
Here's her blanket so far! She's using a J hook and "I Love This Yarn" yarn. This photo doesn't show the colors in their true tones - RGB boo! That red is actually orange and it looks so great!
I'm so proud of Lauren! I just think her blanket is perfect! I can't wait til it's finished......and then she can start another, and another, and another! ;)
Granny stripes afghan blanket
I worked on some Granny Square Blankets I'll be taking to A Holiday Affair Local Art Sale in Nov. I'm doing with Olivia! We are both pretty stoked, this will be our first time! :)
Granny Square afghan blanket
What'd you make over the weekend?
If you want to learn to crochet you should take a look at Olivia's Granny Stripe Explantation!
Pin It

10 comments:

Carrie said...

I love it I am making granny square quilts for everyone for Christmas!

beingzhenya said...

I am working on a "square" project now too!! Make sure to check my blog when it's posted!
Xo

http://beingzhenya.wordpress.com/2011/10/10/diy-central-2-skirts-and-a-scarf/

Velma said...

Love these blankets!!! I'm working on a granny stripe as well!!!
Now I'm thinking we need a new name for the "Granny" because we are no Grannies!!!!! hee hee ;)

Mindi said...

I've been crocheting for about 3 years now and it KILLS me that I haven't made a granny square blanket yet. I'm determined to make one before the eyar is up. I love yalls blankets and her stripe one is awesome!
Over the past week I made a cute crochet baby hat for my cousins daughter and I made a pretty ring for my little brother to give to his girlfried :)

chelseybell. said...

love it! it's great that everyone is catching the granny bug. I'm trying to work in crochet when I have a spare second--I have a stack of squares that I just keep adding to, so maybe someday I'll have enough for a huge afghan.

kate said...

I started a granny square blanket year ago and never finished it. I did however start (and finish) a fun giant doily lap blanket this past weekend! Now to find time to blog about it :)

Holly Knitlightly said...

Man, I wanna hang out with you & crochet/knit!! One day it will happen!

Lauren Calderon said...

I wish! I need someone to show me how to make these! I wanna make one SO bad!

Molls @ O hushed October morning mild said...

You are so talented! I want to learn how to do this and have a ton of crocheting for dummies books. Just need to sit down and do it! lol

Amber said...

I am so excited for you and Olivia!! You guys are going to sell lots of beautiufl crochet goodies!! Don't you need an accountant or something like that to help out??? I am available!! LOL!!! I want to do a craft show with my momma next year!!!

Yay for Lauren catching the crochet bug too!!