Tuesday, October 18, 2011

ROY G BiV Birthday Party

This last Saturday was Lauren's Roy G BiV birthday party! She was stoked!
Here are Lauren's ROY G BiV birthday invitations - I added a little card telling everyone to wear a specific color - see last photo for the reason why!
ROY G BiV Birthday Invites
If you're wondering what ROY G BiV is, it an acronym for the colors of the rainbow - Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, and Violet! I learned that handy acronym in 2nd grade I believe.
So I really tried to ROY G BiV this birthday party out for Lauren!
Starting with her ROY G BiV birthday cake (minus the i - Indigo). I've seen lots people many these cakes, so I thought easy peasy - not the case haha! Sorta a pain, but totally worth the out come!
roygbiv rainbow cake
We had a pinata, because we always have a pinata because they are the most fun! ;)
We killed the cake, but not before Lauren made her 25th birthday wish
- she can't tell or it won't come true!
roygbiv mickey
Oh but Mickey's wishes all came true - Rainbow Puppy Mohawk! Wootwoot!
I know some people may feel putting food coloring in their pups hair is wrong, but not this gal! I think it's totally awesome and adorable! I just put alil food coloring on my fingers and brushed it into his hair! My hands were a ROY G BiV mess, but I didn't care! Cute right?!

roygbiv beverages copy
ROY G BiV Beverages anyone!? Yes!!!! With the cutest straws from HeyYoYo! Not shown is Lauren's favorite Cream Soda - didn't fit in the rainbow! I also made ROY G BiV goodie bags for the little kids and the big kids! See herehere and here!
Oh and I made the ROY G BiV Paper Streamer Chandeliers!
Rainbow Birthday Banner just for Lauren!
Sport'n Rainbow Suspenders!
And of course played lots of pinball and arcade games!
roygbiv family and friends
Know how I know we have the most awesome family and friends - because they made the RAINBOW!
 Pretty awesome group huh!? :)
Kinda sad I have no more ROY G BiV busy at the moment, but I suppose Halloween will make up for it! ;) Can't wait! I made a Halloween Flickr Set and a Birthday Flickr Set to share ideas! 
Pin It

16 comments:

alovelylittleworld said...

I am so seriously beyond impressed. This is sooooo sweet. You're the best sister ever. And I love that your family makes a rainbow. Omgosh! Overload of cuteness!

Carrie said...

now that is the cutest party ever!

Becky Farley said...

Charity- Awww thanks!! I love lauren so much! I was so happy to put together her party! :)

Carrie - thanks!!!!! :)

Jordan said...

That whole party is awesome possum but I think Mickey's hair is my very favorite part. he looks so pleased with himself.

katiebug92 said...

haha, Mickey's hair is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! :)

My Creative Fields said...

greatest idea for a party ever! and mickey is adorable with his mohawk

chelseybell. said...

this is great! looks like it was the best roygbiv party ever.

marci said...

Oh my gosh! This is so awesome!! I can't believe how cute the rainbow puppy mohawk is! Such a cool party. :)

Holly Knitlightly said...

Ahh, Becky this is AMAZING!!! You did such an awesome job. :) Love all of your ideas!

miss teacups. said...

wooooow becky. you are probably the coolest sister ever, holy crap!! it looks like you put a ton of work into this, everything turned out great!! that cake is amazing and i loooove mickeys roygbiv mohawk, adorable!!

Amber said...

Seriously girl you need to throw parties for a profession. Sorry Brian:) But I think it might be your calling! Lol! I am so impressed with that cake! I can't even imagine how long it took you to make.Lauren is one lucky gal to have you as her sister!
XOXO

Lauren said...

You are the coolest sister ever! Thank you so much for such an awesome party! I had so much fun :-)

Lisa said...

You did such a great job! It looks like everyone had a blast! We should all be so lucky to have a sister like you!

Susi said...

U rooock!! i totally wanna bake that rainbow cake for next birthday-party!

allie o'bannon said...

cutest party ever! i second the comment that you need to make throwing parties your job! i would hire you!

Kerry said...

Becky lets go into the party throwing business!! You did a great job! I love planning fun stuff like this too- if we ever happen to move to Florida I am lookin you up, haha! Mickey would be the perfect little mascot. :)

Oh and good GRIEF Eli is just the mostest adorable!! (Except my own of course, haha!) If Eli and Oliver were even the same room they'd blind everyone with their insane cuteness! Ha!