Friday, November 18, 2011

Our Elf on the Shelf

Elf on the Shelf our version
Strumpet's Crumpets is not really a mommy blog hahaha by any means, but I do have Eli, my soon to be step son (hate the step connotation - thanks a lot Disney!) Anyways, I LOVE all my time spent with Eli and I LOVE getting his mind going! Brian's mom gave us the Elf On The Shelf book last year, it is the BEST gift ever! Ever! I don't know who has more fun, me or Eli?! haha! He named our elf Pitt and Pitt showed back up after Halloween. Since then he brought a bunch of buds with him! I don't really follow the book or website of Elf on the Shelf, but the book does have a great explanation for kids - no touching the elf, behave because the elf is looking, etc.  I have a whole Flickr set just for our crazy elves! Our elves leave Eli teeny tiny notes ;) Sometimes the elves get a bit nutty
I know Eli is growing up and honestly I'm not sure he totally believes, but boy does he get excited every morning to see where the elves have moved or if there's any new guys! Sometimes I think he just goes along with it for me haha! One day we'll have a good laugh about it ;) We staying up late, trying to think of a clever hiding spot, the image of me climbing on furniture and the counter to get the elves in tricky places - haha! Can't wait to have more kiddos and have Eli help me hide the elves! 
Do you do Elf on the Shelf?
 If you're an aunt or uncle or best bud you should get this for a kid in your life - it is amazingly fun! 
If you have any clever ideas please pass em along to me and everyone in the comments!! 
Thank you and have a very wonderful weekend! :) 
Pin It

10 comments:

taryn said...

i saw the elf on the shelf on your blog last year and i loved it soooo much! i mentioned once to my bf and he surprised me with one for christmas. i was SO happy, it really is the BEST gift ever. i'm pumped for him to make his first appearance!!

Carrie said...

I so wish elf on the shelf was something that was around when my kids were small we would have had so much fun!

Oh Strumpets! said...

taryn! Oh my gosh! That makes me SO happy to hear! hahaha! You have an awesome fellow! :)

Carrie - I know! I feel like eli is gonna be too old next year - it's a bummer!

Lauren said...

Put up today's spot!

Jamie said...

You guys are soo funny and fun! Eli is so lucky to have you and all of these special memories he'll have! I definitely want to do elf on a shelf with my future children!

Katelyn said...

So much fun! Have you put the elf in the shower yet? LOL with a little towel or shower cap ;)

O. said...

I guess it's time for more kids!!!!!!

Tori said...

Aww I love reading the story behind all the Elf on the Shelf pictures I've been seeing on Instagram! So much fun.

Dawniepants said...

I love this it is so adorable!

Tamara said...

What a creative idea to make the kids behave while your back is turned. I may have to adopt a few elves into our house. Do your elves leave presents?