Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Golden Birthday

When I was in 3rd grade, my best friend at the time Krysta Matheson taught me about golden birthdays. Your Gold Birthday is when your age is the same number as your birth day, for instance I'm turning 29 on the 29th! You only have one Golden Birthday! I'm pretty excited about the idea of a Golden Birthday. I'm definitely make this a big thing when I have kiddos, I've already told Eli about it. He and I have the same Golden Birthday; we both were born on the 29th day (different months). 
So I pinned a bunch of my Golden Birthday inspiration
To see my Golden Birthday board on Pinterest just click here
If you have any Golden Birthday stories or ideas please leave em in the comments! :) 
Pin It

10 comments:

knitxcore. said...

i wish i had known about this 20 years ago!!!! i would have milked it for all it was worth :-)

Hayley said...

This year's my golden birthday too! 18 on July 18th!

eef said...

my golden birthday was last year--we don't really celebrate birthdays, but we did go out to dinner! =]

Grateful4Crochet said...

yeah i really wish i knew about this earlier!!!
although i made a super big deal when my son turned 11 on the 11/11th.
and last year he turned 18 on the 11/11/11, so again that was a biggie

sécia said...

Great pins! My golden birthday was years ago. :(

♥ sécia
www.petiteinsanities.blogspot.com

Windsor Grace said...

So, this isn't like golden showers at all?

Michele said...

I am one of those people who read this and thought "DARN I missed my golden birthday!" I can't even remember my 11th birthday... but back then birthdays are a bigger deal so I am sure it was a fantabulous one.

Love the pin board!!!! Is yours Jan. 29?

miss teacups. said...

that sounds fun!! except "where i'm from" haha we call it your champagne birthday. golden birthday is way more fun!!

Kerry said...

How exciting!! My golden birthday was my first birthday, haha!! Oliver's will be his 21st... Oh my!! I can't even imagin that far into my little precious guy's future- especially since I'm guessing he won't be super keen on the idea of celebrating that one with mommy& daddy, haha!

Holly Knitlightly said...

Woo! Yeah, like Carly said it's called your champagne birthday here! Mine was when I turned 12, but this year my birthday is on 12/12/12!! WOOOOOOOOO! hehe.