Tuesday, April 17, 2012

baking with blueberries

Over the weekend we picked fresh blueberries! So I decided I should do some blueberry baking!
fresh blueberry muffins
So I did what any wanna-be-homemaker would do - I googled it!! ;) 
Googled "best blueberry muffins" - don't let me down now Google! 
Well all recipes.com has that on lock - To Die For Blueberry Muffins!
I picked this one because it had the recipe for the good sugary crunch topping! 
This was my first time making muffins from scratch, pretty easy, though not as easy as the $.50 jiffy boxes, but they tasted 100% better! Even Brian LOVED them and he's super picky!
This is a rare site- me baking from scratch!!  similar to an endangered species or a sideshow!
I also made blueberry pancakes with my favorite pancake mix, which happens to be gluten free (the boys love it), I use soda water instead of regular water to make the pancakes fluffier! 
fresh blueberry pancakes
Last night we had a Brinner = breakfast + dinner! 
Breakfast dinner tonight! Brinner if you will.
We should have Brinner more often! 

I still have a bunch of blueberries left! Any ideas on what to make!? 
Pin It

7 comments:

Renee said...

Oh my gosh - those muffins look amazing! I'll definitely have to give them a go, I've only ever made them from a packet mix.

Robert Dulaney said...

i make dave do all of the baking, because i'm just terrible at it. i think he should work on some muffins, eh?

Lesley Jean said...

Breakfast for dinner is one of my favorite things in life. I haven't baked muffins from scratch in like forever but now I really want some banana walnut muffins. Maybe tomorrow I will get off my rear and make some. :) Annnd soda water for fluffier pancakes? Word? Must try.

sell my house said...

Baking bluberry muffins bluberry cake most of people like most.

Holly Knitlightly said...

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuum. I want some nice fresh blueberries now, haha.

I always find new recipes by searching on pinterest & tastespotting. Just search "blueberries"! :)

GuppyAl said...

Oh, it's on. Blueberry muffins are what my kids will be eating for dinner tonight. There's fruit in them...it's healthy!

miss teacups. said...

Oooooh yum. I LOVE blueberry muffins!! And miss baked goods :(