Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Making Granny Squares

Last night I crocheted, which I haven't done in a while! I missed it!
Life and Blythes have taken over haha! 
So while Brian and I watched Game of Thrones 
(do you watch this show or read these books? You NEED to!) I crocheted! 
granny squares
I don't really have a color scheme in mind as you can see in the above photo! 
For those of you who are having trouble with granny squares I made this video awhile back! Don't laugh too much at it please ;) and here is a second video showing you how to change the yarn color
It took me FOREVER to learn ps! 
Bitty Scissors
I wanted to show you my new adorable bitty scissors from The Workroom! So stink'n cute! They remind me of something from Alice and Wonderland and they're orange- double awesome! 
I haven't crocheted in ages! Catching up while we watch Game of Thrones
My work area/night stand haha! Excuse the allergy meds and Ludens. 

Where do you crochet or craft? 
Do you fall in and out of crafts like me? For months I'll sew, sew, sew then STOP completely and do something else! I need to find a happy middle ground where I can crochet and sew and do doll stuff ;)
Pin It

9 comments:

Sway said...

Ooh loving the colours!! And snap - Game of Thrones + crochet - happening in this house earlier tonight. I freaking LOVE the books and am dying for the newest one to hurry up and come out. How good is the casting for the show? mmm Jon Snow <3
OK, enough GOT geeking out. I'm the same with crafts, and forced my self to pick up my crochet hook last month - it was feeling deprived - so happy I did. I actually joined Pip @ Meet Me At Mikes' 'Granny a Day' project to make sure I did it continuously! So fun!
Ps. Those wee scissors - gimmie hahaa!
Hugs,
Shann xx

Laura said...

oooh cheers for this! I've decided I'm going to start crochet... or.. you know... attempt it lol! I'll use this :)

Velma said...

I am the same way!!! I'll obsess about one craft and then move to another!
We watched the first season of Game of Thrones and I'm SAD that we don't have HBO!!! Now I have to wait until next year! WAAAAAAAAAAA
love the grannies!!!!

Kat said...

I was doing some crochet last night too. I am making a granny square blanket so was hooking away while watching Offspring (aussie tv drama). It was a lovely relaxing night!

Rachael said...

I'm a big crocheter, although it's taken a bit of a back seat after getting back into cross stitch lately. It's so relaxing and I love how fast projects grow.

Jessica Steele said...

I am so bad about being so involved in one type of project then abandoning it for months and move on to something else. I have 80% of a granny square blanket done and it is just collecting dust.

Robert Dulaney said...

your video just cl3eared up a few things. i'm ready to try again (i think!)

Sally said...

I've been trying to learn how to crochet but it's so hard! I'll have to try your video :) I tend to go through phases too. I have a few unfinished projects which I really should tie up before starting anything new! x

Barnicles said...

i love crochet :) ur flickr album is amazing!

inspiration just grows and grows.

I LOVE GAME OF THRONES!

:)