Friday, April 20, 2012

New (old) Coke Machine

Around our house we don't drink soda often, but we do drink Mexican Coke! 
Mexican Coke is in the large glass bottles and instead of corn syrup it has actual sugar! We are an anti-corn family haha seriously corn is slowly ruining our country. Don't believe me, read some of Michael Pollan's books! Ok I'll get off my soap box now!
So we ONLY drink these Mexican Cokes, but most early 50's Coke machines only vend the small glass bottles! But not the Vendo 81! haha and that's the one Brian found for us! 
Vendo 81 Coke Machine
She's a beauty! 
We collect pinball machines and one of the pinball guys restores games and old Coke machines! 

vendo
.10¢
.10¢ a bottle! We collected all our dimes and nickels from around the house and in the cars! 
.10¢ please
Vendo
have a coke
IMG_3671

Home Depot sells Mexican Cokes in bulk! Wootwoot!
Hecho en Mexico! Come on U.S. get back on the sugar train! Corn is making us fat and poor (farmers).
mexican coke
New (old) coke machine in our living room ❤ its the Vendo 81 and it fits the larger bottles of Mexican coke (reason he got it) haha
A coke and a smile
It's in our living room haha! Perfect spot! 
Anyone else love Mexican Cokes as much as us? :) 
Pin It

12 comments:

Carrie said...

I love it!!!!!!!!!

Robert Dulaney said...

ha! amazing! what a cool find!!!! i only drink the caffeine free kind (and very rarely).

Eartha Kitsch said...

It's so pretty! We drink the Mexican Coke and Pepsi here too. Luckily, we have a market a block away and Mister goes on his scooter. Beep! Beep! I'd be dangerous if I had a Coke machine in my house though. Whoowhee.

miss teacups. said...

THAT IS SO NEAT!!! I love the look of retro coca-cola...this is SUCH a neat find!! Envious.

eef said...

So cool! I love Coke made with sugar--it's like that in Europe too! So much better!

nova said...

Are you kidding? That's so awesome. I wish we could buy mexican coke here. Why does that sound like drugs when I type it out?

Gigi said...

Too cute... Just like you!! Love it!

Leminh said...

Very cool. And I agree that corn is ruining this country!

Lisa said...

You can also get Mexican Coke at Costco, at least here in Arizona.

O. said...

That's a steal. I'm collecting my dimes and coming over.

Windsor Grace said...

Have you seen King of Corn? It's all about the corn industry, very very interesting. I watched it a couple of years ago and it made me rethink food. Did I do anything to change it, hell no. But I think about it, so...

yaolin said...

these are beautiful:)