Sunday, May 6, 2012

Our Cinco de Mayo


We decided to clean off the dining room table (normally it's full of crafts and lego - I like to call it "having character" rather than a mess ;)), and Eli made some decorations and we cooked a Cinco de Mayo feast! Chicken and shrimp tacos, Mexican Cokes, and Lauren and I "made" sangria - meaning we poured a sangria bottle into a pitch and put cut up fruit in it haha! 3 sips later I was feeling silly ;)
 Eli's decorations were awesome! I gave him tissue paper and scissors and let him go to town!
He LOVES stapling things-so this was perfect for him! Pretty huh!?

may 5th
may 5th
Obviously I had to take a Blythe photo, because this mini piƱata was perfectly Blythe size haha! ;) 
Happy cinco de mayo
After dinner we went outside for the Super Moon!! It was suppose to be 35% bright and 14% bigger than usual, but honestly there wasn't a huge difference - STILL amazing and beautiful!!! 

super moon

Eli's been keeping a moon journal for school so he was really into it, which makes me happy! In our family the moon is a big deal - I love getting text from my dad reminding me of awesome moon events!  The moon is something very important to Bri and I - sweet memories! :)
may 5th
So we all took turns checking out the moon through the telescope. 
may 5th
Eli howled at the moon - like any young pup would do ;)
Werewolves of palm harbor
We went in and build Harry Potter Legos the rest of the night - it was a perfect day!
Building Hagrid's House!
Lauren built Hagrid's Hut and I put together Hogwart's Castle!
Lauren made Hagrid's Hut last night  I loooove the evil pumpkins and mushrooms the most!!
I may almost be 30, but I could put Legos together ALL day!
This is what I've done today haha
Do you all do anything special for Cinco de Mayo? 
Have any Mexican Cokes? :)
Pin It

5 comments:

marci said...

What a colorful Cinco de Mayo. I love Eli's decorations!

I'm so sad I missed the super moon. I went outside to try to see it but it was too cloudy at my house so I couldn't see it. I'm glad I can enjoy it through your pictures. Thanks! :-)

Steph said...

We had sushi actually... maybe we are a little mixed up ;) Looks like you had fun!

Ioana-Carmen said...

Love your style and you are so sweet! follow each other?:X

FashionSpot.ro

Amber said...

Ahhh....Mexican Cokes! Is that okay to say??? Lol! So yummy! I HAVE to get my hands on some HP legos before they are all gone! Looks like you guys had a great day! I agree that the moon wasn't too much bigger from what I could tell but it was much brighter!!

~kjirsten~ said...

Awe. Looks like y'all had a great time. Loved Eli's decorations. We love Legos in this household too. So fun. I'm always helping T put his sets together. He doesn't keep them together which totally gets on my nerves. :P