Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Mickey's New Do

My friends have been yarn dying lately, and that gave me an idea! Dye Mickey with koolaid! 
mickey is pinky
We had mostly red koolaid (I'm pretty sure I had the koolaid for dying yarn because we don't drink it). 
So Eli and I filled up a tub with water and used 5 packets of koolaid!
Yarn dying?
Mickey didn't mind it! I had to stop him from drink it haha! 
As kids we were boil water then add koolaid, then put our hair in it - always turned out to be a mess of course, but it was fun!

pinky our puppy!! Puppy dying! (Eli and I are more red than Mickey)
Look at Mickey! He's going for the Ombré look ;)
Ombré? That's what it's called right? Mickey is fancy
Look at Pinky Mickey! Turned out pretty cute! 
He's sitting like a little chicken haha little pink chicken
mickey

mickeyslook
Here are some old photos of Mickey's dos!
Blue was for the 4th of July last year, Black & Orange for Halloween, ROY G BiV for Lauren's bday, and green for St. Patty's Day haha! I used food coloring for these! 
Maybe he needs a little blue for tomorrow's celebration! ;) 
Pin It

14 comments:

Windsor Grace said...

I really want to do this to Chico. Question, because I live with my parents and ruining their furniture by doing something stupid is much different from ruining my own. Is he getting the pink on other things, such as furniture?

Becky Farley said...

Whitney - No! I washed him out after the koolaid and it's fine! It doesn't come off on our furniture or sheets :) You should do it!! :)

Moe said...

He is such a stinking cute dog! We tried to dye cody's hair but it didn't work out too well, we are going to try again....he's adorable!

Claire said...

Oh god, Mickey looks so cute!!
But I think the ROY G BiV one was my fave!
I bet you've got something amazing planned for him for your wedding!

Katie said...

Did you mix the food coloring with water or put directly on his hair? The colors are so vibrant! We're definitely doing this to our pup for tomorrow's festivities. We gave him a summer cut and right now he's currently sporting a little mohawk.

chelseybell. said...

aww, mickey's adorable. he's totaly pulling off the ombre look.

Becky Farley said...

Katie - I just took a sponge and put a bit of food coloring on it and wiped it on :) I let it dry then took a damp cloth to it so it wouldn't get on stuff!

I BLEED PINK said...

I love this!!! I also like that my dog isn't the only one who perches on the top of the couch like that!!

Steph said...

Mickey is such a good sport! So fun :)

Deer Donna said...

this is so awesome. hahahah.

Sarah K. said...

That is too cute! I think I'm going to try to dye my Poochie now. I didn't know Koolaid would work.

C.B. said...

Pink is a good color on him. :)

Mizz Moxie said...

Omg that pink doggie is to-die-for cute! And that rainbow hair is a close second!

Mizz Moxie said...

Becky, how long does the kool aid stay in and also, when you say you wiped him with a damp cloth after you sponged him, do you mean you took him out of the tub, dried him off them wiped him? I don't want to get kool aid on my stuff!
I'm going to do this to our white chinese crested. You can see him in my Flickr when it's done in August!
XOX