Friday, July 27, 2012

Star Wars Quilt by Eli!

This kid. Is the best :)
Boy crafter
We were at the local quilt shop, Rainbow's End and the lady mentioned she just got Star Wars fabric. Eli raced to the direction she pointed! haha He came back with all 3 Star Wars fabrics- he was going to make a quilt! And that is just what we did when we got home! He went to town! 
StarWars Quilt in the making
He picked out the board fabric and the center pieces (I used the rotary cutter bc he tried but he's still go small) I had the green fabric, which he thought looked like lightsabers ;)  he did all this in two days! 
sewing
We went on vacation, so it's not finished yet, but the whole top is finished! 
Star Wars quilt by Eli!
He picked out some black fabric with tiny teeny stars for the backside! 
I have to tell you it is VERY awesome! :)
I can't wait to show you the completed quilt!  
I told him, I've started LOTS of quilts - LOTS! but I've only finished one completely - his quilt
And here is my quilt set on Flickr if you wanna take a peek!
Boy Crafter 4Life!!!!!! 
Pin It

7 comments:

katiebug92 said...

That is so awesome. :)

The Fancy Lady said...

he did such a great job! i need some sewing lessons to lol

Sway said...

Aww man - Eli is just the raddest li'l dude around! That quilt looks like something made by someone whos been making them for years! What a champ!
Congrat Eli on the awesome quilting, and Becks on being such a cool Stepmamabear!
Luvluv
Sway xxx

Kerry said...

Oh my GOSH!!! Eli you rock lil buddy! I am beyond impressed. Becky, that kiddo is so lucky to have you lovin' him, and teaching him all these rad talents!

Cara said...

What a rockin' kiddo! He's got me beat in the area of quilts too!!!

Velma said...

love!! He looks so little in the pictures from last summer!!!

Some day he can tell his kids how he made this cool quilt when he was a kid!!

Robert Dulaney said...

dude. eli is the coolest kid on the face of the earth!!!! i can't wait to see it totally finished!