Monday, October 8, 2012

Our Circus Poster Wedding Invitations!

Now that our family and friends have recieved their invitations, I thought I'd share them with you!
We made circus poster wedding invitations! :)
I say "we" because it took a village! ;) We had a friend do the design layout, then I took all his fancy design elements and made the RSVP & tickets, the fellows at work (Sonic Print) did all the printing, cutting, and perfing, and Lauren and Olivia helped me assemble all the invitations! haha!
Thank you ALL so much! 
our wedding invites
I am very very lucky to have access to a full print shop haha I count my lucky stars everyday! 
You see in the middle of the invite where it reads, "GOOBLE GOBBLE" I'll give you a huge hug if you know where that's from and why it's on there! :) 
You can find out here (it's one of my favorite movies).
our wedding invites
You can read all about the paper Beck and Bri here
our wedding invites
These were the RSVP cards, which had a removable card our family and friends could keep! 
our wedding invites
The confetti stars were Eli's idea-how could I say no?! Plus they went pretty perfectly!
our wedding invites
Made my own stamps after going to two post offices & pissing off one guy and confusing another bc I had an off amount of postage ha then those print your own stamps place is pricey!
I had 2 different difficult trips to the postoffice trying to get pretty or interesting postage, well that was a flop. No comprendo!
So I made my own!
I just printed the double B's on sticker paper, then I ran it through the pitney bowes machine.
Papercraft'n for our invites! ❤
So here's a bit more of the DIY part!
I saw some paper lace on etsy awhile back and really like it. Our invites didn't really go with lace, so I found a paper punch I liked at Jo-Ann's (of course used my 40% off coupon to buy it). So I punched out a bunch of red piece I wanted to use to wrap around the posters to keep them closed. The next day (forgetting the difficult of the punch) I whined to Lauren that I had carpal tunnel and but it was just my hand and wrist being sore from paper punching! hahaha
Wedding Invite DIY
The tubs we used started out brown cardboard tubs, but I couldn't send the pretty poster in a brown tub! So I painted them all! :) I LOVE the way they turned out!
We are very excited to say the least!
 It's the final countdown! ;)
Pin It

12 comments:

janel. said...

you just get more and more amazing every time I read your blog! Awesome Becky!!
xo

larissa bree said...

this is so AMAZING. I remember when you posted about Brian asking you to marry him. it really gets me all choked up thinking about your wedding!

It is going to be so utterly perfect. You two are seriously adorable.

donna goat said...

they look so amazing becky! i am excited about your wedding. our carnival wedding next year won't even closely live up to your amazing wedding. wow!

Little Red Emo Hood said...

"We accept her one of us". Love Freaks, it's an awesome and very creepy movie. So awesome you have that on your invites!

Velma said...

LOVE it all!!!! Y'all are doing such a great job!!

Windsor Grace said...

Freaks? I think it's from Freaks. Oh my goodness! These are the most amazing, ahmaaaaziiiing wedding invitation package I've ever seen. Did you design the invites?

Claire said...

Amazing!!!
I know I've said it before, but you are the party planner queen!
I know your day will be totally amazing!
Can't wait to see the pics!
x

Taryn said...

best invites ever! so cool!! can't wait to see pictures from this fantastical wedding!! xoxo

Drea said...

Such an awesome invite concept! :D

Holly Knitlightly said...

These look AMAZING!!! You did such an awesome job! AHH I can't wait to see what the actual wedding is going to look like!!

Nova said...

Very cool!

le cotillon said...

Amazing!! Great work i cant stay without appreciating it this is lovely piece of work ,..keep it up
Le Cotillon - Supplies for the Creative Mind